CPJE QA August

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

izzie51606

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Being an out of state applicant, I only knew about the QA process but didn't know it's every August and unfortunately scheduled my test for the end of August. Seems like August test takers from past years received their scores around the end of September and fingers crossed this will be the case this year. Anyone else in this situation? :(

Members don't see this ad.

I'm in the same situation. I am also an out of state student. I was aware of the August QA and got stuck in it anyways (even though I submitted my app in May). So your not alone :) and hopefully results will be released at the end of September.

I'm stuck in QA. Took my cpje aug 4. Anyone contacted bop lately to inquire on status of qa? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Hopefully 400 people takes the exam soon. Thanks in advance. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I took it on August 8th. I know what you do. I expect results in 6-8 weeks, although the board said Oct 31st.

Just walked out of CPJE, I missed so many questions....at least 20 that I know of. The questions weren't even hard but I made so many silly mistakes. :( :bang:

I know in previous years people were able to get a count of how many have taken the exam so far out of 400... I don't know how- maybe they called the board for an update? I took mine aug 8th...

well now its already been a month. according to the site, scores are to be released oct 31....since theyve been slow this year, i wouldnt be surprised if scores arent released for another two months

I know in previous years people were able to get a count of how many have taken the exam so far out of 400... I don't know how- maybe they called the board for an update? I took mine aug 8th...

i just called the BOP, a guy answered said they wont released the # of people that took the cpje since august. and he said scores are usually released about 2 -3 months. useless.

That's BS. There has got to be 400 people who took the CPJE since August 1st. They should be able to score them soon. 2-3 months seems excessive.

Members don't see this ad :)
As far as I know...yes. Last we heard, results may not be released until Oct 31st.

Reactions: 1 user
for those of you who took the CPJE already, do you guys recommend I go over calculations in Rxprep again? FYI I took my Naplex 3 weeks ago and haven't touched calculations ever since. Thanks!!

There is no need to review calculations. Had only 3. Two I solved in my head in about 3 seconds, the other I used a piece of paper to check. I remember thinking, "Is this it? It cannot be so simple." But it was.

I finished the exam in about 35 minutes. For the questions that I guessed on, seemed like >80% of my guesses were correct, so hopefully passed.

I felt that you either knew the answers or did not. Some of the questions are worded in a wonky way, especially the law. You may have to re-read a few times, and even then, may not really be sure what it is asking. Others are obvious.

There is no need to review calculations. Had only 3. Two I solved in my head in about 3 seconds, the other I used a piece of paper to check. I remember thinking, "Is this it? It cannot be so simple." But it was.

I finished the exam in about 35 minutes. For the questions that I guessed on, seemed like >80% of my guesses were correct, so hopefully passed.

I felt that you either knew the answers or did not. Some of the questions are worded in a wonky way, especially the law. You may have to re-read a few times, and even then, may not really be sure what it is asking. Others are obvious.

Thanks a lot for your input!

sorry for all these questions Doc Hawaii , but do you think then for law portion reading Weissman is enough? Or do you suggest I read the "script" as well as the "self assessment" forms?? Time is limited and want to know if I should spend more time studying clinical portions...thanks in advance!!

I can only comment on what I did, and do not know if I passed. So 'buyer' beware...

1. I read Weissman and answered the questions at the end of the book. It was a fun read, and I still reference it sometimes.
2. Weissman gave a law review at USC, with an accompanying handout. I read that multiple times.
3. IPPE and APPE community rotations really helped too.

I had maybe 7 law questions, if that. Some were laughably easy. Heard that some people get only 3, others get 10+, it's real potpourri. Just assume that you need to know everything.

BTW, the board is taking legal action against test takers who have shared too much information online. A lawyer for my company warned all of us to follow the non-disclosure agreement to the letter. Supposedly fraud has been a major issue, with dire consequences for any violation. Do not become one of the sacrificial lambs.

Additionally, do not bring any electronic device into the testing center. Leave the cel in the car. Heard of a couple of cases this year (and every year) of people being blamed for checking their phones during break. Banned from being licensed for years supposedly. Also, I had to remove my standard watch for the NAPLEX and CPJE. Some people were asked to move clothing with too many pockets.

Thank u
I can only comment on what I did, and do not know if I passed. So 'buyer' beware...

1. I read Weissman and answered the questions at the end of the book. It was a fun read, and I still reference it sometimes.
2. Weissman gave a law review at USC, with an accompanying handout. I read that multiple times.
3. IPPE and APPE community rotations really helped too.

I had maybe 7 law questions, if that. Some were laughably easy. Heard that some people get only 3, others get 10+, it's real potpourri. Just assume that you need to know everything.

BTW, the board is taking legal action against test takers who have shared too much information online. A lawyer for my company warned all of us to follow the non-disclosure agreement to the letter. Supposedly fraud has been a major issue, with dire consequences for any violation. Do not become one of the sacrificial lambs.

Additionally, do not bring any electronic device into the testing center. Leave the cel in the car. Heard of a couple of cases this year (and every year) of people being blamed for checking their phones during break. Banned from being licensed for years supposedly. Also, I had to remove my standard watch for the NAPLEX and CPJE. Some people were asked to move clothing with too many pockets.

thanks for ur advice!

i just called the BOP, a guy answered said they wont released the # of people that took the cpje since august. and he said scores are usually released about 2 -3 months. useless.
thanks for calling/sharing! that's a bummer that they wont give us a number but i hope for 8 weeks instead of 12...

I took my CPJE last year around the 13th and got my scores either the last week of September or the first week of October because of the QA. As for the clinical questions, the questions are extremely similar to the samples they provide here: http://www.pharmacy.ca.gov/forms/sample_cpje_quest.pdf

The law questions are limited to 10 or less in my experience. They are pretty straightforward.

Hope this helps

I am in the same boat as you guys. Took the exam today and will be calling the board tomorrow to try to get an update on score release date. I'll keep you updated

QA is over!! Here's the latest notice from the Board website, posted yesterday. Good luck everyone!!!

Routine Release of Examination Results

The Board strives to release examination results received by PSI for the California Pharmacist Jurisprudence Exam (CPJE) and the National Association of Boards of Pharmacy (NABP) for the American Pharmacist Licensure Examination (NAPLEX) within 30 days from examination administration and will release them earlier when possible.
The Board will only provide examination results by mail to the candidate at the address of record the Board has on file. If it has been over 45 days since you sat for the examination(s), please email the Board at [email protected] to request a status by identifying the examination (CPJE or NAPLEX) along with the examination administration date. The Board will not check on the status of your examination results unless it has been over 45 days from the date you sat for the examination(s).

does anyone know how long i will need to wait for results if I took cpje today 09/12/14?

Got my letter today and passed, though my letter wasn't green. Took the exam on 8/23 and I'm in the Midwest.

By the way, what's the next step in this process? Do I receive another letter with instructions on how to apply/pay for the pharmacist license?

Last edited:
Did you pass naplex? I think you get the green letter when you pass both.

I have a question: Do we need to turn the green letter in and the $195 BEFORE our license/# appears online? Mine is not showing when I search verify a license on the Board website.

Did you pass naplex? I think you get the green letter when you pass both.

I have a question: Do we need to turn the green letter in and the $195 BEFORE our license/# appears online? Mine is not showing when I search verify a license on the Board website.

I spent all my time worrying about the QA process and passing the CPJE that I forgot to transfer my license from my current state to CA, wow I feel so dumb... just did license transfer on the NABP website and have no idea how long this will take, hoping to get this green letter soon.

And the answer to your questions is Yes, you have to pay the board first and soon after your check is cashed by the board you will see your name/license number online :)

Hey guys, new here. Quick question. I got a 74 on the CPJE, and I was wondering if it is worth it to have the exam regraded. Do you guys know people who have tried it in the past and do you know the result. Thanks. Congrats to the people that passed.

Hey guys, new here. Quick question. I got a 74 on the CPJE, and I was wondering if it is worth it to have the exam regraded. Do you guys know people who have tried it in the past and do you know the result. Thanks. Congrats to the people that passed.
I'm sorry to hear that honestly idk the process of getting it regraded I'd check SDN I'm sure someone in here posted about it. My advice if it doesn't cost a ridiculous amount of money or hassle, it's worth a shot.

I'm sorry to hear that honestly idk the process of getting it regraded I'd check SDN I'm sure someone in here posted about it. My advice if it doesn't cost a ridiculous amount of money or hassle, it's worth a shot.
I have tried searching SDN and couldn't find an answer so I thought I would ask. I know the cost is $115, and if they change the score, the money will go toward the application fee for the license. My thing is, the BOP posted a pdf saying that they regraded 2000+ exams and no score change. I wanted to know if anyone has an idea on how they regrade the exam.

Got the green sheet today. Filled it out, signed my check, and chased after the mail lady to hand her my envelop. I'm in Orange County.