CPJE What???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RxLouie88

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay, I just want to post this question as so many have sent me e-mails about preparing for CPJE. I haven't taken the CPJE, but these are what I have to so far:

1- Ebay Charts
2-Weissman Law Book
3- RxPrep CPJE quizbanks.

now with regards to the blueprint, did someone really use the blueprint to help them study? use it as a study guide???

I also have spoken to a few students and some said it wasn't as bad as naplex, only because it's more focused, while others said it killed them :scared: As many of us know, these exams are so weird that all we can do is prepare.

So fellow students, almost pharmacist--- help us shed some light and please feel free to share your feelings, thoughts, concerns as many of us here really truly appreciate the guidance!!!

Good Karma to us all!!!
your buddy - Louie

Members don't see this ad.

Hi there, i uses the eBay charts in addition APhA book ( sparingly) and wiessman slides. I am currently practicing in the community setting so i focused heavily on iv drugs. I used the outline to make sure i was studying what they were looking for, since i am from out of state. The test isnt bad..goodluck

Thanks for the reply. Did you find that CPJE was straight forward than NAPEX? Also, when did you take the CPJE? I'm schduled to take it on July 16th. Just wanted to make sure I don't have the QA BS!!!!

Hi there, i uses the eBay charts in addition APhA book ( sparingly) and wiessman slides. I am currently practicing in the community setting so i focused heavily on iv drugs. I used the outline to make sure i was studying what they were looking for, since i am from out of state. The test isnt bad..goodluck

how long did you study if you dont mind me asking? did you pass? I am also out of state. thank you for your help!

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the reply. Did you find that CPJE was straight forward than NAPEX? Also, when did you take the CPJE? I'm schduled to take it on July 16th. Just wanted to make sure I don't have the QA BS!!!!

im just using rxprep. im focusing on brand/generic, dosage forms, dosing for the important drugs, counseling points, HEAViLY on auxiliary labels and stuff that stands out. i have yet looked at the blueprints yet or law, because i really dont think i would be taking the cpje til late july at the earliest and i dont think law would take me any more than a week. cpje is more clinical than the naplex, i dont know if i can prepare for the clinical aspect of cpje, im just hoping with my drug knowledge and three years of taking clinical exams in pharmacy school prepared me.

im scared though, the failing rate is like well over 20% in the recent years, according to the california site.

I feel you. I'm an out of state student, so I don't know if that is against me. Also, did you take the sample CPJE quiz yet? I just did this morning and got 85%.

I too peaked at the pass rate and it's really low.... GOD have Mercy!!!!

im just using rxprep. im focusing on brand/generic, dosage forms, dosing for the important drugs, counseling points, HEAViLY on auxiliary labels and stuff that stands out. i have yet looked at the blueprints yet or law, because i really dont think i would be taking the cpje til late july at the earliest and i dont think law would take me any more than a week. cpje is more clinical than the naplex, i dont know if i can prepare for the clinical aspect of cpje, im just hoping with my drug knowledge and three years of taking clinical exams in pharmacy school prepared me.

im scared though, the failing rate is like well over 20% in the recent years, according to the california site.

I feel you. I'm an out of state student, so I don't know if that is against me. Also, did you take the sample CPJE quiz yet? I just did this morning and got 85%.

I too peaked at the pass rate and it's really low.... GOD have Mercy!!!!

are you doing anything differently in terms and studying for the naplex and the non-law part of cpje? its all the same material just that i think cpje is harder to pass.

i have not taken a look at the quiz yet, but i will. did you start law yet? and srsly, God has mercy...

Already took Naplex and passed. I'm focusing on the ebay charts...I'm still focusing on the law even if it's 10 questions or less. Easy points if you ask me.

I'm trying to focus on concepts/dz. states that I think maybe relevant for CPJE. Although, people had said, it's more straight forward.

When is your CPJE? Mine is on the 16th

are you doing anything differently in terms and studying for the naplex and the non-law part of cpje? its all the same material just that i think cpje is harder to pass.

i have not taken a look at the quiz yet, but i will. did you start law yet? and srsly, God has mercy...

Already took Naplex and passed. I'm focusing on the ebay charts...I'm still focusing on the law even if it's 10 questions or less. Easy points if you ask me.

I'm trying to focus on concepts/dz. states that I think maybe relevant for CPJE. Although, people had said, it's more straight forward.

When is your CPJE? Mine is on the 16th

i sent out my app like 3 weeks, so i have yet heard from the board and schedule my exams. after you got the ATT, how was the availability for cpje, like could you have taken it right away or there werent that many available dates. im hoping to take all exams by the end of july....

I'm an out of state student, so I had to score transfer first and pass Naplex then CA cleared me about 3 days after my NAPLEX. In my area, there werent much available, so I picked 16th only because I'm working too. I needed time to gather my notes and have a focused approach. I wanted to take early because I'm fearing the QA people are talking about.

Are you a CA student?? Have you taken Naplex? My guess is not...

QUOTE=rxglasshalffull;14211696]i sent out my app like 3 weeks, so i have yet heard from the board and schedule my exams. after you got the ATT, how was the availability for cpje, like could you have taken it right away or there werent that many available dates. im hoping to take all exams by the end of july....[/QUOTE]

I'm an out of state student, so I had to score transfer first and pass Naplex then CA cleared me about 3 days after my NAPLEX. In my area, there werent much available, so I picked 16th only because I'm working too. I needed time to gather my notes and have a focused approach. I wanted to take early because I'm fearing the QA people are talking about.

Are you a CA student?? Have you taken Naplex? My guess is not...

QUOTE=rxglasshalffull;14211696]i sent out my app like 3 weeks, so i have yet heard from the board and schedule my exams. after you got the ATT, how was the availability for cpje, like could you have taken it right away or there werent that many available dates. im hoping to take all exams by the end of july....
[/QUOTE]

Hey, I just private msged you about my situation.

In terms of both NAPLEX and CPJE, how are you studying for dosing/frequently? I am familiar with most of the strengths that drugs come in, but it's hard to memorize like take this drug 200-600mg BID...how are you approaching that?

Happy that you passed! is this ebay pharmacy charts you mentioned?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2013-Editio...3?pt=US_Texbook_Education&hash=item3ccde1ea77

I don't have much hospital experiences. did you also use it for hospital drugs?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, that's what I'm using. Also, I took the 78 sample question floating on the web from the board. But no idea what it means with regards to how the actual exam look or feel.

you got 85% on the sample questions? what else are you using?

i didn't pass last year; i think the cpje is biased against out-of-state pharmacists.

Oh boy...I'm an out of state too...:eek::eek:

Have you taken CPJE this year? What did you study from last year? As I posted above, that's what I'm using for this exam, but I'm open for suggestions and guidance of course. I think, this board is intended for that purpose...to help each other, advise and be a cheerleader.

I'm sorry to hear about you not passing last year, how different was it? Did you study differently?

you got 85% on the sample questions? what else are you using?

i didn't pass last year; i think the cpje is biased against out-of-state pharmacists.

Reactions: 1 user
How important is it to read "The Scripts" on its website? How far should I go back?

whats the difference between the naplex and the cpje (drugs knowledge/clinical part, not talking about the law portion of the cpje)?

I'm trying to figure that one out. But just from reading here. It is detailed to a T!!! I'm hoping someone can help guide us who have taken the test already.

read about 1 to 2 scripts cause the law change so frequently you don't want to read outdated law info

There's a theory for the psi website that if you check next to the cpje and click retest, then hit continue on the next page, it will either say "none of the portions of the test can be registered for the candidate" or it will say you must wait 90 days. Has anyone that failed noticed the 90 day thing once they try to retest or does yours say the other thing too?

does anybody have any California law lecture notes in pdf or powerpoint format from California's school of pharmacy?

I took the CPJE on Nov 4th, and it was my second attempt, and I still did not pass. My first time I took it in February 2012, and got 61, now 2nd time I got 71. 10 points higher than last time. I think if I got one more question right, I would have passed. I am confused on their grading criteria though. Here was my scores breakdown:

Area 1: Patient Medications (33% of the examination): 13.5 Very high Score
Area 2: Patient Outcomes (40% of the examination) 9.4 Very Low Score
Area 3: Pharmacy Operations (27% of the examination) 9.8 Very Low Score

Im assuming Area 1 patient medication is the clinical part of the exam, I have no clue what area 2 or area 3 is, can someone give me some insite on how to go about studying for those 2 areas?
This is embarrassing and disappointing considering that I am a licensed pharmacist in the state of Illinois and Florida. California is crazy!

pharmacy2012, the video did not help me at all, with the exception of quizlet.
Can anyone tell me how to study for area 2 and area 3? Can anyone give me examples of those questions? If I got even slightly better on those 2 areas I would have passed.

Thank you that is helpful. Do you have a recommendation on where to find the information to study on IV compatibility? I found some huge lists by searching online, but it is not practical to memorize them. Is there a source for a more concise and relevant list?

Thank you that is helpful. Do you have a recommendation on where to find the information to study on IV compatibility? I found some huge lists by searching online, but it is not practical to memorize them. Is there a source for a more concise and relevant list?

try globalrph.com for iv compatibility

Retaking CPJE this Friday. Freaking out slightly. Feel like I'm in information overload and not really memorizing anything ugh