Credible vs Sofi Rate Discrepancy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pharmist1720

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all, I’m looking to refinance my student loans and had a question about credible. My loans are currently at 4.1% so I’m trying to lower that rate. On credibles website I get offered a rate of 2.9% 5 year loan with my wife as the co-signer. When I accept that, I’m lead to sofi and they won’t allow me to use a co-signer because I qualify without one and they offer me a rate of 3.9%. Has anybody else had this problem? Is there a fix, or do the 2 sites not necessarily have to match with their rates? TIA

Members don't see this ad.

Tell sofi you can't sign with them if it's not lower than 2.75%. You need to invoke bidding wars, don't be a chump.

There are plenty of companies who want your money.

Reactions: 1 users
Tell sofi you can't sign with them if it's not lower than 2.75%. You need to invoke bidding wars, don't be a chump.

There are plenty of companies who want your money.

Can you even talk to a human with most of these fin tech firms?

Members don't see this ad :)
Why are you giving up potential loan forgiveness and the protections of federal loans for 1.5%? That's ridiculous.

Why are you giving up potential loan forgiveness and the protections of federal loans for 1.5%? That's ridiculous.

Maybe OP wants to be responsible and pay back what he/she borrowed instead of being bailed out?

Reactions: 1 users
The federal rate was closer to 7%, I refinanced a couple of years ago to 4%, wasn’t expecting a pandemic to come along and give hope to loan forgiveness. Now I figured might as well refinance again to get it even lower.

Reactions: 2 users
Maybe OP wants to be responsible and pay back what he/she borrowed instead of being bailed out?

lol, and i really love overpaying on my taxes :lol:

Yes. Try their email or phone numbers. It’s possible.

Customer service yes, but can they really negotiate on rates? I feel like that's a waste of time from the firm's point of view. Like, why pay loan officers when your algorithms can do all the work. The incremental business from negotiated loans isn't worth the cost, IMO.

But I've never done it, so I'm just throwing out my theory.

Customer service yes, but can they really negotiate on rates? I feel like that's a waste of time from the firm's point of view. Like, why pay loan officers when your algorithms can do all the work. The incremental business from negotiated loans isn't worth the cost, IMO.

At one point they would negotiate if you bothered them enough and they wanted your business enough. Things may be different now. YMMV. But it looks like they are eyeing an IPO, so they might still actually want your business bad enough to negotiate.

My friend just did cash out refinance at 1.75% 30 yr by yelling at their customer service lmao.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
My friend just did cash out refinance at 1.75% 30 yr by yelling at their customer service lmao.

Hot damn, what was the LTV on that loan, and any points paid?

Reactions: 1 user