Credit/Semester hours?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DRCM

DRCM
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Some pod schools say that an applicant must have a minimum of 90 semester hours for admission. By semester hours, they actually do mean hours, not credits, right? In my school, I have 72 credits, but 88 semester hours. So if I took one more [3 hour] course and applied to pod schools, would they begin looking at my application? Or would I need to have 90 credits for them to look at my application? I'm soo confused..

BTW, I know its best to have more than just the minimum requirement, but I just want to know.. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

DRCM - the 'standard' hour is a semester hour, the pod schools list all pre-requisite requirements as semester hours and therefore I think the same applies to the min requirement.
However what I would suggest (since you have 88 hours) is speak with an admission counselor via email and just ask. If you show them your current situation, tell them you understand the policy, and then present your plan with a timeline showing you will meet the requirement... then they can respond to that.

But... if you want me to wear 15 pieces of flare I will BUT I was wearing the required 10.... ;)