Creighton Pharmacy Distance C/O 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I know this page has a little of both pathways .... the people who recently got an interview invite, was it for distance or for campus pathway?

Members don't see this ad.

I know this page has a little of both pathways .... the people who recently got an interview invite, was it for distance or for campus pathway?

Distance pathway

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know of a hotel that will shuttle to Creighton? This may sound like a silly question, but here goes.....What is a person to do with their luggage while at the interview? I will have been checked out of my hotel at this point and did not want to get a rental car just to store my luggage. I know I am not the only one in this situation, but I was not sure how it would look if I were to cart around a suitcase. Thanks for any input!

Does anyone know of a hotel that will shuttle to Creighton? This may sound like a silly question, but here goes.....What is a person to do with their luggage while at the interview? I will have been checked out of my hotel at this point and did not want to get a rental car just to store my luggage. I know I am not the only one in this situation, but I was not sure how it would look if I were to cart around a suitcase. Thanks for any input!

I'm not sure of any hotels that shuttle to Creighton but there are a bunch of hotels less than a mile from the school so if you had to take a taxi or something I can't imagine that it would be more than $10 or so (if even that). I did call the admissions office though & ask them that very same question about what to do with my luggage lol. They said that the admissions office will have a room available specifically for students to keep their bags in during the day of the interview.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using SDN Mobile

They also have a shuttle that takes you to the airport right after your interview.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using SDN Mobile

I received my invite!!! I'm so excited and can't wait to meet everyone else who will be interviewing!! :luck:

Got my financial aid award offer today. Whew! School is paid for. :) Now just waiting for the fall...

I stayed @ the Courtyard Old Market when I was out: free airport shuttle, and the driver was happy to drive me over to campus--it's just a few minutes away. They also have a little breakfast place and gym at this hotel (which is nice if you want to get an efficient start in the morning...), and it's a totally decent and clean hotel--I recommend!

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys! I am driving up from Missouri on Monday night for the Tuesday interview. Was wondering if anyone going had heard how many spots they have left and how many people applied to the program this year? Good luck to everyone. Hope to see/meet some of you next week!

Members don't see this ad :)
facebook group for accepted distance program?? has someone made one?

On the way to campus for my interview ... sooo nervous!! :eek::eek::eek:

... but excited!! :D:D:D

Hello there, can someone please spill me something about the interview? How it is like? Open or close file one? Group interview or not? I hope there is not going to be any group interview. 9 am to 3:00 pm seems like a long time. Do they have math or writing exams or something like multiple choice test about pharmacy situations. I used to have such an interview before so just want to make sure to prepare.

That's pretty much it and thank you. Good luck to everyone with what you are doing !!!

Cheersssssssssss :)

Hello there, can someone please spill me something about the interview? How it is like? Open or close file one? Group interview or not? I hope there is not going to be any group interview. 9 am to 3:00 pm seems like a long time. Do they have math or writing exams or something like multiple choice test about pharmacy situations. I used to have such an interview before so just want to make sure to prepare.

That's pretty much it and thank you. Good luck to everyone with what you are doing !!!

Cheersssssssssss :)

You will have 2 interviewers asking you questions in a conversational tone - 15 to 30 minutes. Closed interview - they don't know you from the next person. The interview is a time for them to get to know you. No group interviews. After your group is done interviewing you all will sit down with the school chaplains to unwind and reflect on your day.

You will have 2 interviewers asking you questions in a conversational tone - 15 to 30 minutes. Closed interview - they don't know you from the next person. The interview is a time for them to get to know you. No group interviews. After your group is done interviewing you all will sit down with the school chaplains to unwind and reflect on your day.

Thank you very much for your detailed answer. So, since it is a closed file interview, should I expect lots of questions regarding why I choose pharmacy and my future plan with this career and some personal questions about my hobbies....

survived from WAITING LIST! YES I AM IN NOW!!!!!!!!:laugh:

Congratulations!!

Did you get a letter or did they call you? You are in the campus pathway, right? Had you been in touch with the school since your interview (I'm wondering if anything in your file had changed since they waitlisted you)? Thanks

Hey all! Congrats to those who have been accepted! Creighton's distance program was really a blessing to me. I'll be graduating May 18th! When I interviewed, it was only for 55 spots :eek: lol. We had over 600 applicants for our pathway that year and the program has only gotten more popular. Why? It's legit! Check out the 2012 NAPLEX, first-time pass rates: 100%. I'm hoping that I don't let 'em down for 2013 (haha). No, there is a reason that we score so well; Creighton is awesome! We're one of the handful of Jesuit pharmacy schools. What does that mean? To a guy who knows Jesus, it just means that our school deeply values people. Every patient, every individual student has value.

The coursework is rigorous but doable if you prioritize your time correctly. The professors and mentors are VERY helpful so take advantage if you need to. Never feel like you're "on an island" in your "office", wherever that may be. Using SDN, my class hooked up, immediately and made a FB page. We were friends before orientation! Befriend everyone in your class, online. They are going to be your most valuable resource when studying. I'd venture to say that as a class, our distance class is closer than the campus students. I've seen some of my classmates fly across the US to see eachother, go to concerts, and just hang out. We're a family now, really. Time is going to get tight but I suspect you all are prepared for that. :) Become an epic scheduler! Make everyone in your life aware that just cause you're in the office, doesn't really mean you are available. May have to learn to say No! God bless you guys! You're going to do great.

The program has changed a little so I'm not sure about what your class is in for. Sorry, I can't be more helpful when it comes to coursework because of that. I just wanted to pop in and tell y'all congrats!

Hi everyone! I think it's time for a Facebook page! I just looked and I didn't see any out there. Let me know if there is already one. I will call it Creighton Pharmacy Distance Pathway Class of 2017.

Ok. I just tried to create a FB group and it won't let me unless I invite at least one person to join. It wouldn't let me invite myself either. I don't know anyone's names, but I could start the group if someone private messages me theirs. It if there's another way to go about it, let me know!

I just made a Facebook group. It is called Creighton Pharmacy Distance Pathway Class of 2017. Please only join if you have been accepted to the Distance Pathway. Look forward to meeting all of you!

Has anybody heard anything from the last distance interview??

Yes, letters went out yesterday.

I'm staying at the Homewood Suites downtown on April 18th and 19th if anyone is interested in spliting a room. It looks pretty nice, with a full-sized kitchen, king-sized bed, and sleeper sofa. Plus they have a shuttle to campus and free breakfast. Maybe free wifi also. PM me if you're interested.

Hey has anyone received any info about the background checks or the E-orientation? I submitted the forms and deposit that was due within 30 days, and still haven't received any emails about anything else. If so, did you get the email at the email address you put on the application or the Creighton email? I just want to make sure I'm receiving all of the emails.

I got interview on 4/19. let me know who is from houston got interview that day too pleaseee :):)

by the way, can you tell me which hotel is good and close to school? thanks :):)

by the way, can you tell me which hotel is good and close to school? thanks :):)

The DoubleTree in downtown Omaha is pretty nice and about a 10 minute walk to campus. They also have a shuttle that can take you to/from campus and the airport. If you're on a budget, there is also the Motel 6 on the west side of campus. I haven't heard good things about that place though.

Reactions: 1 user
I got an interview for April 19th! So excited, wonder how many spots are left??? I'm making the drive from Wyoming with my fiancé and our two little boys. We decided to make a mini vacation out of it since it's gonna take some serious funds. Hope it's not for nothing.

Does anyone have any more info they'd be willing to share about interview day? Do they have you do any tests or anything like that? I'm not really nervous at this point, though that may change. I just want to be prepared.

Thanks. Congrats to everyone with interviews and especially those accepted. Hope I am joining that group soon! Can't wait to meet everyone at the interview!

I got an interview for April 19th! So excited, wonder how many spots are left??? I'm making the drive from Wyoming with my fiancé and our two little boys. We decided to make a mini vacation out of it since it's gonna take some serious funds. Hope it's not for nothing.

Does anyone have any more info they'd be willing to share about interview day? Do they have you do any tests or anything like that? I'm not really nervous at this point, though that may change. I just want to be prepared.

Thanks. Congrats to everyone with interviews and especially those accepted. Hope I am joining that group soon! Can't wait to meet everyone at the interview!

I posted this above:

I posted this above:

I saw that, thank you. I just wondered if there were tests or anything unexpected like that. I kind of looked back over your posts a little bit. Are you currently a P1 student?

I'm so anxious and excited, I know I will be experiencing the whole interview process myself in less than a week but any little hints to fulfill my wandering mind are appreciated.

Thanks again! Hope to be joining the ranks of accepted students soon!

I saw that, thank you. I just wondered if there were tests or anything unexpected like that. I kind of looked back over your posts a little bit. Are you currently a P1 student?

I'm so anxious and excited, I know I will be experiencing the whole interview process myself in less than a week but any little hints to fulfill my wandering mind are appreciated.

Thanks again! Hope to be joining the ranks of accepted students soon!

No tests, no surprises, just free lunch and very nice people, lol. Goodluck!! Looking foward to seeing u in July.

No tests, no surprises, just free lunch and very nice people, lol. Goodluck!! Looking foward to seeing u in July.

Great, thank you! I certainly hope to be back in July! I bought my first pant suit for the interview so hopefully it pays off! Lol. In July do they offer you dorm accommodations or do you have to set yourself up somewhere for the whole week?

Thanks again!

I'm driving from North Dakota on Thursday for the interview on the 19th as well...am excited to meet some people who could potentially be my classmates! Good luck to all of you...starting to go from the excited nervous to just plain nervous now!

Also, mkr1987...glad to know I'm not the only one who had to shop for the interview! I feel like I'm playing dress up when I look at myself in a suit though!

Great, thank you! I certainly hope to be back in July! I bought my first pant suit for the interview so hopefully it pays off! Lol. In July do they offer you dorm accommodations or do you have to set yourself up somewhere for the whole week?

Thanks again!

You can stay in the dorms which most of us P1s did last summer so you can get to know each other --- it is highly suggested since those are your "brothers/sisters" for the next 4 years. It cost I think $28/night to be put up on the dorms.

You can stay in the dorms which most of us P1s did last summer so you can get to know each other --- it is highly suggested since those are your "brothers/sisters" for the next 4 years. It cost I think $28/night to be put up on the dorms.

how do we set up dorm?? is there an application to fill? or who do I need to talk to? thank you for helping. btw, I love Creighton. The school is beautiful and everyone there is super nice.

how do we set up dorm?? is there an application to fill? or who do I need to talk to? thank you for helping. btw, I love Creighton. The school is beautiful and everyone there is super nice.

As it gets closer to time the '17 class will complete their E-Orientation and it will have the housing information.

I got interview on 4/19. let me know who is from houston got interview that day too pleaseee :):)

You were at the interview on Friday too? I was super impressed. There were a lot more applicants there than I expected. Not sure how my interview went, I think they asked me a trick question! We should let each other know when we hear something!

You were at the interview on Friday too? I was super impressed. There were a lot more applicants there than I expected. Not sure how my interview went, I think they asked me a trick question! We should let each other know when we hear something!

How many do you remember ?!

Anyone get news from the April 19th interview yet?

For those that have been notified, does an acceptance letter come along with a welcome packet or will it be by itself in a small envelope? Wondering if I should prepare myself for the worst if I see something small...

Thanks for any information, this wait is driving me absolutely insane!!!

I know...I'm so impatient! I looked at my application on the Creighton website and it said the last updated date was 4.25.13. So they must have looked at it and done something with it that day...hopefully we will hear by the end of the week!