Creighton University Class of 2027 Interview/Acceptance Thread

I'm not very surprised they're still interviewing. The groupme has <40 students. One big turn off that made me choose another school is the lack of socials or even communication for incoming students. Pretty sure they have yet to make a fb group which should've been done dec 15th.

They also scheduled interviews very early in the cycle, with most taking place in july and visits in august. I think it would've been a better idea to spread out interviews and wait later for more applications and less probability of recency bias taking place in students making school decisions. It was hard for me to remember what I liked about creighton when making a decision about a school since the interview and visits was so early in the cycle.

These are just my reservations. Does not apply to everyone.
One of the reasons they moved so quickly to start, and now lagging, has been the recent death of Dr. Norton. It was his work that is now being managed by whose currently there. I don’t think it’s any fault on the school themselves. I believe the reason there are not many in the group is possibly due to it being unofficial and maybe others don’t know about it. I’m sure there are many factors. I know SIU was still interviewing as is New England. Mostly speculation on my part.

Members don't see this ad.

One of the reasons they moved so quickly to start, and now lagging, has been the recent death of Dr. Norton. It was his work that is now being managed by whose currently there. I don’t think it’s any fault on the school themselves. I believe the reason there are not many in the group is possibly due to it being unofficial and maybe others don’t know about it. I’m sure there are many factors. I know SIU was still interviewing as is New England. Mostly speculation on my part.
Creighton is so out of touch and not worth it anymore, mainly after Dr. Norton left. They are very difficult, even have a 6-year rule. Basically, when a student decides to drop out because of how difficult the school is, then the school loses a lot of money! For example, dental student D1 (first year) pays the $70,000 tuition for year one, then drops out, meaning they won't be there for years 2, 3, or 4 (which is a total of 3 years). $70,000 ( 3 years ) = $210,000 is the amount the school will lose (per student that drops out in the first year or $2.1 million for 10 students). Now the 6-year rule, which they added to prevent students from dropping out, allows students an extra 2 years of retaking classes (yes, that's how difficult this school is ). Imagine a student not doing so well in their classes so they end up using the extra 2 years for the retake of classes; that's an extra $70,000 they have to pay per year for those 2 years. This school used to be great it definitely did, but not anymore. The pass rates are manipulated through loopholes. The problem is they do want you to pass all your classes because it definitely helps their reputation, but the structure of the school has become so disorganized that even with the faulty desire for their students to pass, the students barely get by.

Creighton is so out of touch and not worth it anymore, mainly after Dr. Norton left. They are very difficult, even have a 6-year rule. Basically, when a student decides to drop out because of how difficult the school is, then the school loses a lot of money! For example, dental student D1 (first year) pays the $70,000 tuition for year one, then drops out, meaning they won't be there for years 2, 3, or 4 (which is a total of 3 years). $70,000 ( 3 years ) = $210,000 is the amount the school will lose (per student that drops out in the first year or $2.1 million for 10 students). Now the 6-year rule, which they added to prevent students from dropping out, allows students an extra 2 years of retaking classes (yes, that's how difficult this school is ). Imagine a student not doing so well in their classes so they end up using the extra 2 years for the retake of classes; that's an extra $70,000 they have to pay per year for those 2 years. This school used to be great it definitely did, but not anymore. The pass rates are manipulated through loopholes. The problem is they do want you to pass all your classes because it definitely helps their reputation, but the structure of the school has become so disorganized that even with the faulty desire for their students to pass, the students barely get by.
What percent of students have to take an additional year? I haven't heard anyone complain about the curriculum offered at Creighton

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Haha this is silly. It’s not that bad, I promise.

This sounds ridiculous. I have a friend I went to college with who’s a D2 at Creighton and he’s never said anything about it being that difficult.

Respectfully, every school in the country manipulates their pass rates because money and image. On the contrary, it would be weird if a school didnt do it. I am curious to hear more, can you elaborate? How can it be that this is mainly after Dr. Norton left if he only passed away a few months ago? I understand that he may have been in charge and that they are scrambling after his passing, but a program like this doesn't completely fall apart because one cog in the machine is removed. Unless you elaborate and provide some specifics, this sounds completely ludicrous

Reactions: 1 users
Congratulations to the incoming students!
Unfortunately I got rejected a few months ago and I’ll be moving out of Omaha.

If anyone is looking for a great place to live, Village Green Townhouses is awesome (to buy, not rent)! There are dozens of Creighton dental students and the location is great - pretty close to campus, but close to the zoo and right next to Lauritzen Gardens.

Respectfully, every school in the country manipulates their pass rates because money and image. On the contrary, it would be weird if a school didnt do it. I am curious to hear more, can you elaborate? How can it be that this is mainly after Dr. Norton left if he only passed away a few months ago? I understand that he may have been in charge and that they are scrambling after his passing, but a program like this doesn't completely fall apart because one cog in the machine is removed. Unless you elaborate and provide some specifics, this sounds completely ludicrous
Don’t know what Dent Specific is talking about and I go there. Passing classes isn’t a problem as long as you study and work with the docs. With that being said though, I will say that the clinic experience is awful and not NEARLY as good as they make it out to be. So for that reason, I’d recommend going somewhere else, but not because of the academic portion.

Don’t know what Dent Specific is talking about and I go there. Passing classes isn’t a problem as long as you study and work with the docs. With that being said though, I will say that the clinic experience is awful and not NEARLY as good as they make it out to be. So for that reason, I’d recommend going somewhere else, but not because of the academic portion.
Can you elaborate on why the clinical experience isn’t as lived up to its hype? I’ve heard nothing but good things from Creighton other than cost and location

Can you elaborate on why the clinical experience isn’t as lived up to its hype? I’ve heard nothing but good things from Creighton other than cost and location
In the past year I went on maybe 9-10 dental school tours and creighton's clinic and facilities were by far the nicest no cap

It all depends on your patient family. So when you start on the clinic floor you’re assigned a bunch of patients and whatever they have is what you’re doing. For some people it’s been anmazing and they get to do a bunch of stuff (fixed, endo, etc.) But other people wind up just doing a lot of exams. One example of this is going into our fourth year I have a classmate that’s done over 25 crowns, but then I also have a classmate who has done 0 (through no fault of there own). So I guess the more accurate statement would be the distributions of patients is just not good.

Another random thing that’s annoying is the amount of lab work we have to do. You have to do a bunch of lab work throughout your time here where a lot of times it seems like you’re going to lab tech school than dental school (you do all your own pindexing, all the lab work for dentures, etc.).

As Lagermanic said though, the facility is amazing!