Howard University Class of 2027 Interview/Acceptance Thread

artist2022

DDS 🦷🎓✔
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is anybody having trouble with their website? It wont load for me and I tried 3 different devices and 2 different browsers

I just received the supplemental payment confirmation…

Members don't see this ad :)
Interview #2
School: Howard
Notification date: 9/4
Method of notification: Email
Residency: OOS
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/20
Application complete date: 7/23
GPA (science, overall): 3.81, 3.84
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/20/22/22/No
Dates available: 9/10
Method of interview: Virtual

Reactions: 1 user
Interview #2
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/20
Application complete date: 7/23
GPA (science, overall): 3.81, 3.84
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/20/22/22/No
Good luck!

Interview #4
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/22
Application complete date: 8/16
GPA (science, overall): 3.95, 3.93
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/20/19/20/No

Interview #1
Notification date: 10/3
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/14
Application complete date: 9/26
GPA (science, overall): 3.91, 3.90
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20AA/18TS/19PAT/26Reading
Dates available: 10/08

Last edited:
So was 10/8 the last interview date for 2022?
i am wondering too because I received the following today, and it looks like they will not interview anymore.

Good afternoon! If you are receiving this message, we are in receipt of your application for HU dental. At this time we have issued invitations to students who we would like to interview for the 2023 entering class. However, I would like to provide information for you that you may find very useful.

A. please stay abreast of information on our website www.hucdstudentaffairs.com

B. HU Health sciences center hosts a variety of monthly chats for students interested in careers in healthcare. I think you will find the information to be invaluable. The next session is Nov 17th.
Register here: https://my.howardpharmily.com/monthlychat/inquiryform?test_email=1

C. Our Admissions team will continue with monthly online information sessions beginning in February 2023. This is a great resource for identifying ways to enhance your application packet. Subscribe to the website above to receive notices.

Wishing you a great day!

RSalter

Members don't see this ad :)
i am wondering too because I received the following today, and it looks like they will not interview anymore.

Good afternoon! If you are receiving this message, we are in receipt of your application for HU dental. At this time we have issued invitations to students who we would like to interview for the 2023 entering class. However, I would like to provide information for you that you may find very useful.

A. please stay abreast of information on our website www.hucdstudentaffairs.com

B. HU Health sciences center hosts a variety of monthly chats for students interested in careers in healthcare. I think you will find the information to be invaluable. The next session is Nov 17th.
Register here: https://my.howardpharmily.com/monthlychat/inquiryform?test_email=1

C. Our Admissions team will continue with monthly online information sessions beginning in February 2023. This is a great resource for identifying ways to enhance your application packet. Subscribe to the website above to receive notices.

Wishing you a great day!

RSalter
Is that a rejection?

It seems like an indirect rejection but why not just send a rejection all at once? Im going to email back.
Right, like that email is so weird. Just tell me straight up so I can move on.

It seems like an indirect rejection but why not just send a rejection all at once? Im going to email back.
I haven’t received this email but I also haven’t received an interview so maybe it’s not a rejection? Definitely gotta ask though because wtf 😫

Right, like that email is so weird. Just tell me straight up so I can move on.
Exactly :/ Turns out that they will be sending decisions on Dec. 15th but I mean, that means that they will not interview anymore, right?

I haven’t received this email but I also haven’t received an interview so maybe it’s not a rejection? Definitely gotta ask though because wtf 😫
Maybe yea, I really hope so but he told me that decisions will be sent Dec. 15th so I'm not sure :'(

Maybe yea, I really hope so but he told me that decisions will be sent Dec. 15th so I'm not sure :'(
Is that email a rejection?? Or are they just notifying you that they have interviewed a couple students.

Is that email a rejection?? Or are they just notifying you that they have interviewed a couple students.
I don't think its a rejection because if it was I think it would be reflected in the ADEA AADSAS portal. I received that email as well and a friend of mine who is a D1 student there said that she believes it basically means we are waitlisted.

I don't think its a rejection because if it was I think it would be reflected in the ADEA AADSAS portal. I received that email as well and a friend of mine who is a D1 student there said that she believes it basically means we are waitlisted.
Maybe that depends on the school bc i was rejected from asdoh and midwestern Az and my adea status doesn’t reflect that

ohh okay I see

Maybe that depends on the school bc i was rejected from asdoh and midwestern Az and my adea status doesn’t reflect that
hmmm I see, yea in my adea it says received/under review, I guess we will wait and see

Did everyone that got that message have an interview though? If not, then that theory wouldn't apply.

a person can only get waitlisted if they interviewed is that what you mean?
No. I'm asking what group of people were sent the message that she posted above. Because future tooth fairy mentioned it could possibly be a cryptic waitlist, but that wouldn't apply if some people got that message who didn't interview with them yet.

Just got my acceptance at midnight!

Reactions: 8 users
Congrats to those acccepted.

I applied late in the cycle, as I took my DAT on Oct. 31. I haven't received any interviews yet. A few weeks back I was notified to send a mail order of $75 to Howard. is that the same process that everyone was following?

Congrats to those acccepted.

I applied late in the cycle, as I took my DAT on Oct. 31. I haven't received any interviews yet. A few weeks back I was notified to send a mail order of $75 to Howard. is that the same process that everyone was following?
Yess

received my rejection. good luck to all!

Anyone know if they are still sending interview invites for this cycle?

Anyone know if they are still sending interview invites for this cycle?
Looking through previous years apparently Howard interviews until March (this is based on information found online). So I would assume they are still sending interview invites.

Howard is full for this cycle there are no more spots left.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know about a facebook group or group chat for those accepted? I’ve been trying to find one

Hi everyone, I am a very non-traditional applicant and this is my first time taking the DAT and applying to schools. I sent in the majority of my applications back in November 2022 which weren't considered complete because I did not take my DAT until Dec 22, 2022. I sent my Howard AADSAS application on January 10th, 2023 (super late I know lol) but I just wanted to make sure that my essays were on point since I figured that the secondary would just be a payment. I received a notification to send in my supplemental fee on January 24, 2023, they received it on January 25, 2023 (money order, priority mail), and I received an interview invite on January 29th, 2023! I live by faith, not by sight so even though I knew that I was risking it by doing everything on a later schedule, I knew that I wanted to put my best foot forward. So there is definitely still time to receive an interview!

As I said, I would consider myself non-traditional due to my age and how far removed I am from undergrad but I am currently in a post-bacc program that is geared towards dentistry since a lot of my pre-req courses (without revealing my age) were done many years ago. I have another interview this month as well for another school after receiving and completing that secondary earlier in January as well.

Hope this helps to encourage some folks!

Hi everyone, I am a very non-traditional applicant and this is my first time taking the DAT and applying to schools. I sent in the majority of my applications back in November 2022 which weren't considered complete because I did not take my DAT until Dec 22, 2022. I sent my Howard AADSAS application on January 10th, 2023 (super late I know lol) but I just wanted to make sure that my essays were on point since I figured that the secondary would just be a payment. I received a notification to send in my supplemental fee on January 24, 2023, they received it on January 25, 2023 (money order, priority mail), and I received an interview invite on January 29th, 2023! I live by faith, not by sight so even though I knew that I was risking it by doing everything on a later schedule, I knew that I wanted to put my best foot forward. So there is definitely still time to receive an interview!

As I said, I would consider myself non-traditional due to my age and how far removed I am from undergrad but I am currently in a post-bacc program that is geared towards dentistry since a lot of my pre-req courses (without revealing my age) were done many years ago. I have another interview this month as well for another school after receiving and completing that secondary earlier in January as well.

Hope this helps to encourage some folks!
Wow that’s amazing 🤩 congratulations! Do you mind sharing your stats? Also when do you interview?

Received interview on Jan 29! :) Scheduled interview for Monday, Feb 6!!

Wow that’s amazing 🤩 congratulations! Do you mind sharing your stats? Also when do you interview?
Thank you!

AA and TS were both 19, 23 RC, 19 for bio and orgo, 18 gen chem, 17 PAT, and my QR was very low haha. I have always struggled with math and I made it a point to try to highlight that in a brief way for all of my applications.

My undergrad was around a 3.27 (I think) for both science and overall. I have a 3.6 in my postbacc

My best advice is to truly be yourself in the application process. Every word that was written in each part of my application were my own and I can stand by all of my statements.

I just had my interview today!

Thank you!

AA and TS were both 19, 23 RC, 19 for bio and orgo, 18 gen chem, 17 PAT, and my QR was very low haha. I have always struggled with math and I made it a point to try to highlight that in a brief way for all of my applications.

My undergrad was around a 3.27 (I think) for both science and overall. I have a 3.6 in my postbacc

My best advice is to truly be yourself in the application process. Every word that was written in each part of my application were my own and I can stand by all of my statements.

I just had my interview today!
Thank you for sharing that! I know I am still being optimistic :)

Rejected w/o interview today :( At the admissions session a few days ago, they said the second round of decisions already went out and that they'll likely be done interviewing by the end of this month, maybe March. Good luck to the rest of you!!