Crisis Text Line

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cherry12055

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
My guess is that it does not count, but I wanted to know if volunteering at the crisis text line can count for APPIC hours. Does anyone know definitively one way or another? Thanks ya'll!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm counting my time on SDN for my APPIC hours. It's professional development!

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I volunteered for CTL prior to grad school. I would not see how the hours would count on APPIC...

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

I suppose you could list them in one of the “other experience” open ended questions but the hours shouldn’t count unless your grad DCT is signing off on them.

Reactions: 1 user
I suppose you could list them in one of the “other experience” open ended questions but the hours shouldn’t count unless your grad DCT is signing off on them.
Yep, hours don't count without DCT approval and sign-off, even with more traditional clinical experiences.

It seriously has been for me, though! I've developed a secondary, training-related line of research in large part due to these forums!

Cool, can you now get APA to sponsor SDN so I can get CE hours by posting on here? Only half joking given some of the stuff that counts.