Cuffed Pants?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

choocoman

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I plan on wearing a light grey 3 button Hugo Boss suit. Should I taillor my pants such that they are cuffed or straight? thank u in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

I've heard rumors that ivy schools prefer cuffed pants, while west coast publics prefer straight leg. can someone pls confirm?

Members don't see this ad :)
Maybe you should get some photos taken of your "hugo boss 3-button grey suit" with and without cuffs and see which GQ and Maxim like more.

Med school interviews are not about how you look, sexy, trendy, etc.
They are about confidence and how you carry yourself, and who you are.
Now if the cuffing of the pants is going to influence your confidence, then by all means it is important. Otherwise don't fret over these petty items.

By the way, my pants are cuffed and I think that is damn cool.

Is that an influence on whether I'll get into med school, hell no!
Is that even an influence on what women will think of me, I doubt it.
My momma won't even care what my pant cuffs look like!
(mini-rant)

Hmm. Thanks for putting things into perspective. It seems like its a non issue?

Um, yeah a non issue.
Sort of along the lines of: do I have cherios or english muffins for breakfast tomorrow.

Scratch that, more like do I put grape or strawberry jelly on the muffins that I will have tomorrow.

So, just chill and enjoy the feel of a nice suit
;)

I think someone needs to legitimately answer this question so we can get to. "What kind of cufflinks do I wear?" :D Just out of curiosity, what would schools think of a zootsuit? I was thinking about getting a black one with yellow pinstripes! You would be remembered for eternity! :laugh:

The better question, is what would adcoms think of an interviewe wearing full out tucs. Maybe white tucs, I think that would put the zootsuit to shame in pure hilarity of the moment. If only someone with a couple acceptances and 150$ in his pocket decided to have a little fun one day.

choocoman said:
I plan on wearing a light grey 3 button Hugo Boss suit. Should I taillor my pants such that they are cuffed or straight? thank u in advance.

If the pants be flat front, don't cuff 'em, if it's got a pleat then it's up to you.
good luck on your interviews! (did you get any yet?)

TexPre-Med said:
I think someone needs to legitimately answer this question so we can get to. "What kind of cufflinks do I wear?" :D Just out of curiosity, what would schools think of a zootsuit? I was thinking about getting a black one with yellow pinstripes! You would be remembered for eternity! :laugh:

Hmm, try it and let us know how it works.

Don't forget the pocket watch and fly hat, too.

Does everyone wear a suit and tie. I think I'm going to wear pants and shrt and tie and a sweater/cardigan over it. Keep the mood light and not tense!!

Ask the guy you bought your suit from -- it's usually suit specific (and also whatever the style is that year). The guy you bought your suit from will probably know both. Alternatively, go to a taylor frequented by some conservative profession (lawyers, doctors, bankers, etc.) and ask him/her. I wouldn't recommend a bunch of premeds for their knowledge base on suits ;).

Anka

Anka said:
Ask the guy you bought your suit from -- it's usually suit specific (and also whatever the style is that year). The guy you bought your suit from will probably know both. Alternatively, go to a taylor frequented by some conservative profession (lawyers, doctors, bankers, etc.) and ask him/her. I wouldn't recommend a bunch of premeds for their knowledge base on suits ;).

Anka

Yeah most of us tend to get pissed off that you have an expensive suit.

Funny topic

if pleated, cuffs. If flat fronted (few "interview" suits are imo), not cuffed. This is standard "conservative" for interviews in US, imo.

Then again, extremely "fashion forward" people might consider crop-top suit pants w/o socks (my sister's ex-did this, thank god they broke up).

BTW, I'm a former investment banker turned post-bacc with alot of suits and plenty contact with other "conservative" professionals with suits.

Pinkertinkle said:
Lol, he got banned, kinetic style.

hahaha....Mods to Choocoman: PWNED!!!

fullefect1 said:
Just wear a thong.

I think I just might...

your mom left her's over at my house, so I think I'll wear that one ;)

Being serious now...just don't wear dress pants, dress shirt and a tie. That looks really bad. Make sure you wear a jacket. I would much rather be overdressed than underdressed.

dnelsen said:
I think I just might...

your mom left her's over at my house, so I think I'll wear that one ;)

Being serious now...just don't wear dress pants, dress shirt and a tie. That looks really bad. Make sure you wear a jacket. I would much rather be overdressed than underdressed.

ew, are you the kobe bryant woman?