CUSM MBS 2024-2025

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

foreverboba

Reaction score
Hi everyone! Saw there were threads from previous years so wanted to start one too :) Anyone applied or heard back yet?

Members don't see this ad.

hi! :) i applied and got an email back on 2/7 saying they got all required documentation for review but haven't heard back since! have you heard anything so far?

I applied a week or 2 ago but never got an email stating they got all my documentation :( maybe I should call. Also I'm not sure when we can expect to hear back with final decisions? I heard they review apps bi-weekly so it could potentially be anytime

Members don't see this ad :)
i just got an acceptance today! they might be sending them out now. you should email april little to see if they confirmed they got all your information!

Hey! Saw this thread and thought I should add that I submitted my application on Feb 29 and got my acceptance on March 12.

I submitted my app 3/31 and got my acceptance yesterday!

also - does anyone know if there is a group me or facebook group for accepted students?

I received an email April 11 that everything was received, do you guys know when I would hear back?

I submitted my app 3/31 and got my acceptance yesterday!

also - does anyone know if there is a group me or facebook group for accepted students?
Got my acceptance the other day as well!

Also wondering if there is a GroupMe for this class?

The following is my personal opinion which you are welcome to entertain as you please. I would not recommend attending this program as it currently stands. While there is nothing inherently negative about the program structure and the faculty support, I believe that there are issues with student outcomes which is relevant for anyone interested in attending medical school. Ideally, SMPs should serve 2 purposes for medical school admissions: to enhance competitiveness at the home institution, and to enhance competitiveness at other institutions. First, this is a SMP that has little academic weight and prestige behind it, as you are neither taking classes alongside the medical students nor learning from a curriculum designed by a top ranked academic institution. Accordingly, it is unknown how other institutions view the rigor and preparedness that the program claims to offer as there is a lack of transparency concerning student outcomes and the specific schools that they have matriculated into. Second, per word of mouth, admissions for the medical school will be on a GPA and MCAT blind basis going forward. Take that as you will, but until proven otherwise, this presumably means that all GPA, including the master’s GPA, is omitted from the holistic review process for admitting candidates. This essentially defeats the purpose of doing the SMP for entering the CUSM program (unless you attempt the conditional admit pathway), as distinguishing yourself from others through academic achievement will not give you a competitive advantage against fellow SMP applicants or general applicants. Therefore, when considering the drawbacks that this program has with its lack of prestige and lack of home program advantage against its financial cost, I would recommend attending other more established programs with a transparent record of student success if you are interested in attending an allopathic school and/or attempting to matriculate into the home program. Otherwise, this is not an inherently bad program for learning.

The following is my personal opinion which you are welcome to entertain as you please. I would not recommend attending this program as it currently stands. While there is nothing inherently negative about the program structure and the faculty support, I believe that there are issues with student outcomes which is relevant for anyone interested in attending medical school. Ideally, SMPs should serve 2 purposes for medical school admissions: to enhance competitiveness at the home institution, and to enhance competitiveness at other institutions. First, this is a SMP that has little academic weight and prestige behind it, as you are neither taking classes alongside the medical students nor learning from a curriculum designed by a top ranked academic institution. Accordingly, it is unknown how other institutions view the rigor and preparedness that the program claims to offer as there is a lack of transparency concerning student outcomes and the specific schools that they have matriculated into. Second, per word of mouth, admissions for the medical school will be on a GPA and MCAT blind basis going forward. Take that as you will, but until proven otherwise, this presumably means that all GPA, including the master’s GPA, is omitted from the holistic review process for admitting candidates. This essentially defeats the purpose of doing the SMP for entering the CUSM program (unless you attempt the conditional admit pathway), as distinguishing yourself from others through academic achievement will not give you a competitive advantage against fellow SMP applicants or general applicants. Therefore, when considering the drawbacks that this program has with its lack of prestige and lack of home program advantage against its financial cost, I would recommend attending other more established programs with a transparent record of student success if you are interested in attending an allopathic school and/or attempting to matriculate into the home program. Otherwise, this is not an inherently bad program for learning.
Are you a former student?