cvs and giant offers

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Abu Steve

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got an offer from both cvs and giant pharmacies. I'll be working with cvs as an intern for 8-10 hours a week. With Giant, I still have to do the paperwork but Im definitely going to be working with them (for a fact) but i'd be working as a tech. Im not sure how many hours I'll be working with giant but they did say they were losing a full time or part time pharmacist so i'd be getting a lot more hours.

My question was, am I able to work at both?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You shouldn't be hired as a tech with your intern license.

You shouldn't work at two retail places (doesn't matter if it's a grocery chain or drugstore chain).

You shouldn't believe any promises.

Reactions: 4 users

You shouldn't work at two retail places (doesn't matter if it's a grocery chain or drugstore chain).

Is there a reason you say I shouldnt work in 2 retail places?

Members don't see this ad :)

You shouldn't work two retail places? Why not?

I'm reach through the computer and smack you if you say conflict of interest. We as pharmacists shouldn't give a **** about conflict of interest.

I'm reach through the computer and smack you if you say conflict of interest. We as pharmacists shouldn't give a **** about conflict of interest.
yea that's my thought process on it but I wanted to make sure if there was any kind of legality to it if I did that. Otherwise I dont see why I shouldnt work in both places

If one of them finds out you will be terminated. Not worth it. Also they can say whatever they want about giving you a job after graduation, until you have an offer letter it's not true.

If one of them finds out you will be terminated. Not worth it. Also they can say whatever they want about giving you a job after graduation, until you have an offer letter it's not true.
After you have an offer letter, it’s not true either.

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
Why would them losing a pharmacist mean that you, as a tech/intern, would get more hours?

Reactions: 1 user

I think very few of us give a crap about the conflict of interest - I have no issue someone working two places, but their boss does - and well, two jobs can quickly turn into zero

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user