CVS endless metrics? How much metrics is too much?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I will be transferring to a 24 hour store 3/1 (when the new schedule templates are rolling out). Check this out: we will have 120 rph hours TOTAL (not counting overnight) and 240 tech hours (for a store that is expected to do 37-3900 script per week. That's the same hours (minus overnight) that I used to have at my old store that did 27-2900 per week (from 8am-9pm).

Sounds about right. Keep in mind that the night pharmacist will be doing 120-150 Rxs a night, along with various daily tasks that techs won't have to do. Plus, you can kick excess Rs not due that day to night shift.

Members don't see this ad.

As you are aware, myschedule is a load of ****. It scheduled one Monday 25 tech hours when we do > 700 scripts on Mondays. I said **** that.

It does stupid $%^& like this in the other direction, too. For instance, next Saturday the 28th I was supposed to schedule 26 hours in a 2k volume store (we usually use 16 on a Saturday). They must not know that it's a Saturday on the last day of the month in a low income neighborhood where no-one is going to have any money and no-one will come into the pharmacy. I had high hopes for mySchedule and it's been a disaster so far. They need to get rid of the "visited the pharmacy in the last 30 days" option on the surveys, too. 90% of our surveys are from these people and they really don't tell us who's responsible for the service reflected on the surveys.

The night pharmacists vary a lot at 24/7 stores. Sometimes they are great other times they will slack off and do the minimum. Also had a lot of turn over so we had a lot of floaters doing the graveyard shift.