CVS in the news again

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Um, don't know what to say.

IMO, CVS can charge whatever they want. Nobody should tell them what they can and can't charge for medications. I don't care if its overcharging, it's their company. This is America.

The real criminals are the insurance companies. If they know the cost of 30 pills of metformin 500mg is less than 20 cents, why would they charge a patient a $25 copay and then charge -$22 to the pharmacy?

This lawsuit is dumb. Again, CVS can do whatever they want. This is one time I will actually stand up for them.

If I had a lemonade stand, and I will charge whatever I want to whoever I want. Same with my pharmacy.

They mention U&C. CVS HSP, people have to pay like $20 or $25 to join it to get a discounted price on medications. The U&C is dropped after enrolment and a fee is paid.

Reactions: 1 user
LOL that will surely go nowhere. Are they going to sue Walmart next???

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, I don't see where CVS is doing anything illegal here, from what the article is saying, if they are charging a cash patient who isn't in their program, the same thing they are charging the insurance patient, how is that any different than any of the other programs that gives discounts to members only? It would be like me suing Amazon for not giving me the free shipping, that it gives Prime members.

The whole point of HSP is to keep the U&C cost high while offering a competitive option for people getting $4 generics at Walmart or $10 generics at Target. It is not illegal but this will bring attention from health plans and PBM clients.