CVS StarSource

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

josh6718

Pharmacist
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else had problems with hiring technicians through the store hiring center?

There have been several occasions where a person has come to the pharmacy with their resume who are otherwise well qualified (have their technician license, recently graduated from a pharmacy tech program, etc.) but failed the VJT and aren't even able to be offered an interview.

Meanwhile, the 'qualified' candidates I have set up interviews with have either called off the day off or don't respond to any calls to set up an interview.

Members don't see this ad.

All day every day. The candidates succeeding at the VJT are frightening when they show up at all. Meanwhile promising engaged candidates that show up in person never show up in my applicant pool.

Lol, most people who actually come by the store with a resume don't show up online, I would say half didn't fill out the application right and half failed the VJT

Members don't see this ad :)
The way an applicant answers and fills out a ******ed CVS application is the sole determinant of how good of a worker he or she really is.

Reactions: 1 user
We have arrangements with the front store so we tell potential new hires to apply to the front store and then once hired transfer back to the rx department.

How can you possibly fail the VJT? It pretty much asked "how many vials are on the screen" to see if you can count to 3.

Just lost a great candidate due to StarSource showing she failed the VJT when she actually clicked 'save' before starting it so she could do it at a later time. Meanwhile we get her reset to take it again, she passes, then we wait so long for the corporate HR person to tell us she showed up on her list so we can hire her that once we finally get the offer sent to her she has already started a new job somewhere else.

So now I call a different girl and tell her she's hired and a week has passed and the HR lady in Rhode Freakin' Island still doesn't see the girl on her list so that we can send her an offer.