CVS supervisor position being eliminated?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
But what good would this do to the company? Higher turnover rate is never a good thing for anyone.

Lifers make $70+/hr with 4 weeks vacation and call out sick more often (for themselves and their kids). Replace them with new grad for $50-60/hr with 2 weeks vacation and they save a lot. Plus they don't give new grads benefits for first 3 months.

This is the company that wants to cut as many $10 tech hours as possible, so why would they want to pay an rph $20/hr more?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I didn't see that was the case when I worked for them. There was a stretch where we had to make constant phone calls to get people to convert to a 90-day supply and tech hours were not increased during that time. All it did was provide better reimbursement for the company.

You try to get them to switch either at drop-off or pick-up; not by calling them at home. In some states the pharmacist can exercise clinical judgment and switch a 30 day supply to a 90 day supply, provided there are enough fills to do so. You can also let doctors know one at a time, to please write for 90 days as much as possible.
It really improves the workflow. Scriptsync was also a great idea but it did not catch on with patients because of the additional copay they had to pay. Truth is CVS should have just eaten that fee but they didn't so you still have Agnes stopping by 3 times a week every other week to get her meds.

But what good would this do to the company? Higher turnover rate is never a good thing for anyone.
It would be great for CVS. There are two ways to increase profit, increase revenue or decrease cost. In the current pharmacy market, it is impossible to really increase revenue. But you can decrease cost. If you can fire a pharmacist that makes 130 or 140k and hire a new grad at 100k. You just saved the company 30K, and then multiple that across the country. CVS is working towards a monopoly. IF they don't care about the customer experience then people can't go anywhere else?

Members don't see this ad :)
It would be great for CVS. There are two ways to increase profit, increase revenue or decrease cost. In the current pharmacy market, it is impossible to really increase revenue. But you can decrease cost. If you can fire a pharmacist that makes 130 or 140k and hire a new grad at 100k. You just saved the company 30K, and then multiple that across the country. CVS is working towards a monopoly. IF they don't care about the customer experience then people can't go anywhere else?

There's actually only 3 methods.

1. Increase volume of sales 2. Increase profit margins (via analysis) 3. Decrease payroll

I don’t like new grads. Their spirit hasn’t been broken yet. Give me a jaded, dead behind the eyes, experienced RPh any day. I have good luck with age 50+ too.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 3 users
I don’t like new grads. Their spirit hasn’t been broken yet. Give me a jaded, dead behind the eyes, experienced RPh any day. I have good luck with age 50+ too.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
CVS ain't no company for old men.

Reactions: 1 user
there's always a young pharmacist working whenever you walk into cvs, like mid 20s. always

Meh, hard to judge an RPh based on age alone...my spirit/soul left my body long ago after working as a technician. There's this 50+yo floater in my area who I envision myself as at least physically after years of soul crushing work for corporate chains (very similar demeanor & work approach).

2 in their 30s, 2 in their 40s, PIC in 50s. However, I will say the best PICs are the older more experienced ones (an exception here and ther in my district with some overly ambitious younger graduates who happen to have enough experience overall).

Maybe only a handful (<5) RPhs in my area overall in their 20s