CVS supervisor position being eliminated?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WVUPharm2007

imagine sisyphus happy
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Rumor I'm hearing.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Its coming. It’ll be 1 position (district team leader) of 14 stores. It’ll be on a point system who gets demoted or laid off. 3% cut in demand hours and store manager position is changing as well. Some store managers will be running 2 stores and low volume CVS’s won’t have a store manager. It’ll be a new position that I do not know yet. The worst is yet to come my friends.

Reactions: 6 users
The best part about this will be the sups who are demoted and won’t follow the **** they have been harping on. I can’t wait to call on there MCE scores and say what happened?? Don’t care about the customer?? Wait what? What do you mean no time for PCQ calls lol this is awesome.

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
The best part about this will be the sups who are demoted and won’t follow the **** they have been harping on. I can’t wait to call on there MCE scores and say what happened?? Don’t care about the customer?? Wait what? What do you mean no time for PCQ calls lol this is awesome.

Haha yes! Why aren't your genuine care scores at target?? Did you do your myimpact?

i have not heard that yet. When will this change happen?

i have not heard that yet. When will this change happen?

In January. It was finalized on Tuesday on a conference call. It's not going to be pretty. This is part of a series of massive budget cuts by CVS.

Reactions: 1 user
... And yet, if I had been the one to post this based on reading it in a news article, hearing it from a pharmacist I know, etc., all I would receive from the other posters are personal attacks against me that revolve around some variation of "oh well, at least even the pharmacists who are going to have their hours cut/be fired are still in a better position than YOU." This is reality: facts are facts, regardless of who posts them. And every time a piece of news that follows the general theme of "more pharmacist positions being eliminated," "more pharmacist hours being cut," etc., it becomes even more apparent that I and anyone else who has dropped out of pharmacy school to pursue virtually anything else has made an unbelievably good call. How's provider status legislation coming along, BTW?

... And yet, if I had been the one to post this based on reading it in a news article, hearing it from a pharmacist I know, etc., all I would receive from the other posters are personal attacks against me that revolve around some variation of "oh well, at least even the pharmacists who are going to have their hours cut/be fired are still in a better position than YOU." This is reality: facts are facts, regardless of who posts them. And every time a piece of news that follows the general theme of "more pharmacist positions being eliminated," "more pharmacist hours being cut," etc., it becomes even more apparent that I and anyone else who has dropped out of pharmacy school to pursue virtually anything else has made an unbelievably good call. How's provider status legislation coming along, BTW?

Don't sprain your shoulder from patting yourself on the back too hard.

Reactions: 12 users
It's more like people are annoyed because every post you make is an attempt to vindicate your decision

In January. It was finalized on Tuesday on a conference call. It's not going to be pretty. This is part of a series of massive budget cuts by CVS.
A lot of Rx Sups had one on ones today to see if they’ll be promoted to DM or let go. It will slowly come out but everyone involved signed confidentiality forms so its going to be hard to find more info until its official.

Reactions: 1 users
A lot of Rx Sups had one on ones today to see if they’ll be promoted to DM or let go. It will slowly come out but everyone involved signed confidentiality forms so its going to be hard to find more info until its official.

my region alone I know for sure 4 people have been let go. They will try to keep it on the DL as much as they can. It's just crazy where CVS is heading. It's not good.

Rumor I'm hearing. And by rumor, this is the word from my supervisor, who is going to be my overnight partner now, lol.

Looks like Rx Sup and DM being combined. Smaller districts to be formed.

Looks like a bloodbath is coming for them.
Good. They should do some actual work instead of harassing people about stupid metrics that don’t even matter.

CVS bought out Target caused this to be a matter of when not if (@ChalupaBatman86 said as much as well). Although metrics will play into this, the ultimate decision is always based on Woonsocket tribalism. They will defend their own. And, the Walgreens experiment with a leaner middle management certainly didn't seem to impact their bottom line, so why not CVS too?

Also, the ex-Macy's executives sure have *good* and *thoughtful* business strategies. It works so well where they came from.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
wow, thats a slap in the face to the sups and DMs..who's gonna pass out the koolaid now?

wow, thats a slap in the face to the sups and DMs..who's gonna pass out the koolaid now?
There will be small districts. About 14 stores and just 1 field leader per now instead of DM/Sup. Some AVP’s got canned so all the reporting is going to change. Everyone is hush hush about it right now so details will come out slowly. CVS loss prevention already took a hit.

Are pharmacy managers given more autonomy as a result of this?

There will be small districts. About 14 stores and just 1 field leader per now instead of DM/Sup. Some AVP’s got canned so all the reporting is going to change. Everyone is hush hush about it right now so details will come out slowly. CVS loss prevention already took a hit.

Yup, 4 AVPs were canned. That's insane.

So the supervisors that aren't getting promoted to DMs are getting fired? They aren't even being given the luxury of stepping down to floating?

Don't sprain your shoulder from patting yourself on the back too hard.

Forget spraining my shoulder. I have had a torn labrum for years, so all my back-patting is figurative these days

Oh this is a beautiful, beautiful, beautiful thing. For those rare Pharmacy Supervisors and DMs that are awesome that is really unfortunate...but they are in the minority in my opinion. The majority have been pushing the CVS corporate propaganda for a while now. Some believed it and some realized it was crap but chose to continue versus feed real information back up the corporate ladder (to those who wouldn't listen anyway...I know) and made life hard on us knowingly for their all mighty bonus. Additionally, I hope the a*****e who demanded no water in the pharmacy (including in a label free clear see through plastic bottle for the pharmacist) from loss prevention while I worked back-to-back 14s with no liquid got axed. It couldn't have happened to a nicer person.

I hope their stock goes back up.

So the supervisors that aren't getting promoted to DMs are getting fired? They aren't even being given the luxury of stepping down to floating?
They’ll get a option to step down. If you’re a DM and not licensed more than likely you’ll be my customer now. Give all 5’s ya lil b*tches now lol

I checked my old sups Twitter accts and they are now protected or deleted. LOL

Where's NateRobinson?

In some states I don’t see how all DM’s without a license don’t get canned. They can’t do any legal or regulatory stuff. Time to google search “how to make money fast”?

it's based on a point system that they can either be transferred to take another district, step down to be a RPH again, or a 5-6 month severance package.

Oh this is a beautiful, beautiful, beautiful thing.

This is not a good thing for all of us. Money always go up. **** always go down. That is how it works everywhere.

I get it...nobody likes the supervisors but they are just the enforcer. They don't make any policies.

Think of it this way...if they are hitting the supervisors hard, what is in store for the pharmacists? Is CVS going to freeze salary/bonus like Walgreens?

Reactions: 6 users

I understand your decision for leaving pharm school and it's a great one at that. I would have done the same if I was you. But don't rub it in the face of those who already have the degree and may be directly impacted.

I have the degree, paid off student loans, and still young enough to change careers if necessary (in practice for 9 years). You?

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

Cruel, cruel form of poetic justice lol. Hail corporate long enough to get stabbed in the back. These people have families!

At least WeCare will be taken off the scorecard starting next year...

They didn’t care when they were the ones stabbing people in the back.

I wonder how much money is being wasted on plain printer paper with the patient information sheets that print off now. A tech types a single script wrong and then you have to wait 5 minutes while another 20 pages print out while praying the printer doesn't jam...

Rumor I'm hearing. And by rumor, this is the word from my supervisor, who is going to be my overnight partner now, lol.

Looks like Rx Sup and DM being combined. Smaller districts to be formed.

Looks like a bloodbath is coming for them.

I'm surprised CVS took this long. WAGs did this 2 years ago and got rid of our pharmacy supervisors and cut down on number of leadership. My supervisor that hired me ended up being demoted to a floater and I got to evaluate him as a staff RPH. The irony was just too much.

Reactions: 8 users
Offical word
Both SVP positions eliminated. AVP’s cut from 11-7.

Glad some of these DMs get to drink the metric koolaid!

Reactions: 2 users
So if Rx Sups are being offered RPh positions, what's gonna happen to the RPhs currently in those positions?

So if Rx Sups are being offered RPh positions, what's gonna happen to the RPhs currently in those positions?
Finding out some were not offered. Just given a severance package.

So who is gonna hire pharmacists who apply online at cvs ??

Believe or not this is great for CVS pharmacist. WAGS did this in 2015 and it proved to be much better for both pharmacy manager and staff rph. We no longer have Pharmacy supervisor breathing down our neck and pressuring us to meet KPIs. We have much more freedom and independence. You'll have fewer people in charge and they will have to supervise so many stores that they won't have time to nitpick about everything little issue. Matter of fact, I get to see my current supervisor maybe once every 4 months or longer.

Believe or not this is great for CVS pharmacist. WAGS did this in 2015 and it proved to be much better for both pharmacy manager and staff rph. We no longer have Pharmacy supervisor breathing down our neck and pressuring us to meet KPIs. We have much more freedom and independence. You'll have fewer people in charge and they will have to supervise so many stores that they won't have time to nitpick about everything little issue. Matter of fact, I get to see my current supervisor maybe once every 4 months or longer.

Hmmmm, I just checked, and this user's IP address is registered to a "Lenny Merlot"

[Joke, obviously]

Hmmmm, I just checked, and this user's IP address is registered to a "Lenny Merlot"

[Joke, obviously]

Haha, well to be fair he did point out the reason he loves it is because he now feels like he has less supervision, which is hardly what I think Mr. "Merlot" would be advocating for, LOL

Reactions: 2 users
Offical word
Both SVP positions eliminated. AVP’s cut from 11-7.

Yup. They get demoted to RMs. Other RMs will either have to move to places they don't like (my current RM is already looking for another job b/c they're offering him a place in a different state lol).

Ruthless business.

The reason they are making these cuts is because filling scripts is becoming less profitable. The sups getting cut is just a symptom of the real problem, and the real problem will eventually impact everyone. I could care less what they do to middle management but the fact that they have to do this is concerning.

The reason they are making these cuts is because filling scripts is becoming less profitable. The sups getting cut is just a symptom of the real problem, and the real problem will eventually impact everyone. I could care less what they do to middle management but the fact that they have to do this is concerning.
trying to win the “pricing war” with all them discount card hurts alot