D- in an upper level bio class

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LilDownBelow

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
should i just give up on med school? :eek:

Members don't see this ad.

There's always the caribbean.

One grade probably won't keep you out.

Members don't see this ad :)
Take the class over if you can...and get an A.

D- or F+ . . .is there a difference?

The thing is one grade will not keep you out. A pattern of D- grades will definitely keep you out of medical school.

It is not so much the mistakes in medicine, and the path there to, that are so tragic. It is the way people handle mistakes that will ultimately present a person's capacity to become a good physician.

My university did not have this "take it again option". My vote, is that you accept that this happened to you and you don't let it happen again - especially since you don't seem to like how it feels. Regardless of the biggest blemish on your application, you must know that someone else has a larger blemish than you.

That's my opinion, PM me and I will send you an address where you can mail me a donation. Good luck, you too can rise above this.

FB2.jpg
by the ad com

LilDownBelow said:

Quit trolling man. You are only amusing yourself. And too much of that will make you go blind. ;)

LilDownBelow said:

The almost "duh" answer for me would be to retake the class...and make sure you don't get another C or D.

LilDownBelow said:

I knew a guy who made a D and a few Cs and still got into med school on the first try. Don't be too hard on yourself. You can explain it to the admissions committee (after retaking the class and making an A, of course). Try your hardest to make As from now on. Don't give up. Bad things can happen to good people.

what kind of answers are you expecting? you know that they are either going to say you have no chance or that you will definitely get in...