D.O. Letter of Recommendation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr. GG

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So all of my secondary apps have been in and completed and I've had a few interviews, but my problem is that my D.O. letter is missing. The physician that was supposed to write me one never called me back and it's hard to track them down when I live in FL and they're in PA. Unfortunately, the doc I shadowed was an M.D. Does anyone have any suggestions of how to go about getting a letter from a D.O.?

Members don't see this ad.

So all of my secondary apps have been in and completed and I've had a few interviews, but my problem is that my D.O. letter is missing. The physician that was supposed to write me one never called me back and it's hard to track them down when I live in FL and they're in PA. Unfortunately, the doc I shadowed was an M.D. Does anyone have any suggestions of how to go about getting a letter from a D.O.?

Find a D.O.

Shadow a D.O.

Ask D.O. for a letter

There is no "D.O. Letter of Recommendation Service."

If the doc who was supposed to write you a letter never kept in touch with you, chances are it would not have been a very strong letter anyway.