Dartmouth Anyone??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
DMBUGA34 said:
Make sure you guys let the admissions office know that you're looking for roommates, they might be able to give your name out to other med students looking people to share their places with.

Congrats to those of you who have recently been accepted. I'll probably be involved with orientation, so I'll see you then

Goodluck to those still waiting!

Hey guys,

Do you know whether we need to send in official transcripts to Dartmouth in addition to the ones already received through AMCAS? I got a letter in the mail saying that my transcripts haven't been received yet, but I've been out of school for a year. Hmm...

Members don't see this ad.

cozmopak said:
Hey guys,

Do you know whether we need to send in official transcripts to Dartmouth in addition to the ones already received through AMCAS? I got a letter in the mail saying that my transcripts haven't been received yet, but I've been out of school for a year. Hmm...

Yea, you need to send your official transcripts from your undergrad. I think it's that way for all schools

DMBUGA34 said:
Yea, you need to send your official transcripts from your undergrad. I think it's that way for all schools

Thanks, I'll get on that. Also, any recommendations for laptops?

Members don't see this ad :)
I have read through this thread and realize that Dartmouth initially offers the base package, which can then be expanded to fit one's personal needs. I was offered an acceptance at Brown, but declined for the Brown-Dartmouth Program. Does anyone know if the financial aid packages are similar? Specifically, I was offered about $3000 a year at Brown through their endowment scholarships, are these available at Dartmouth?

I am also interested in any laptop suggestions.

Thanks much, and hopefully see everyone in August (BTW, when is the official start date, anyone know?)

Dartmouth gets really good deals on laptops, so I would buy one from the school.

Classes, I think, start on August 15th, and orientation starts on the 8th.

I would notify Nancy Cirone at the Financial Aid Office at Dartmouth that you got a scholarship from Brown. I imagine that they will match it.

m

rme04 said:
Dartmouth gets really good deals on laptops, so I would buy one from the school.

Classes, I think, start on August 15th, and orientation starts on the 8th.

I would notify Nancy Cirone at the Financial Aid Office at Dartmouth that you got a scholarship from Brown. I imagine that they will match it.

m

Anyone thinking of buying an Apple laptop? I know that Dartmouth sent out a letter saying that students with Apples are at a slight disadvantage because software compatability problems. What do you guys think?

i am also leaning towards getting an apple laptop, personally i think they are faster and more reliable. but if they are not advised and dartmouth offers really good deals on more compatible laptops, i could be persuaded otherwise. thoughts from current students??

thanks for the help rme!! are you definatly thinking the B-D program? or still seriously looking at one of your waitlists? as for me, im stuck in a deadlock between the B-D Program and a fully funded MD/PhD Program at Jefferson. i think the B-D Program is a perfect match for me (my first choice all along) and I dont want a purely research career, so Im siding with the B-D Program. but debt-free medical school with a reputable PhD to boot isnt such a bad deal either.

cozmopak said:
Anyone thinking of buying an Apple laptop? I know that Dartmouth sent out a letter saying that students with Apples are at a slight disadvantage because software compatability problems. What do you guys think?

You can get windows emulators for Macs, so that isn't necessarily true. Buy whatever you are acquiented and comfortable with. Don't buy based on looks.

To those on the WL: any good news? Nothing for me... :(

swmd said:
In off the waitlist yesterday!! Accepted to the Brown Dartmouth Program (my 1st choice since I am from RI)!! Good luck to everyone else.. also, does anyone know what I should do about housing?

Congratulations!!!!!!

I'm an undergrad at Dartmouth (going to Case Western for med school) so can help you with some info about housing. You probably know DMS doesn't have on campus housing readily available (unless you're married or are an international student), so most med students live off campus. Hanover rent is really expensive, but Norwich, Wilder, and Lyme are really close to Hanover and rent is much less expensive. They're all really nice areas, and some undergrads with cars live off campus there, particularly in Norwich. They're beautiful places and housing's usually not too hard to find.

Also, djohnston, I'm with you on thinking Dartmouth is just about perfect! It's a *gorgeous* school and the hospital and facilities are brand new so really beautiful. Congrats on getting in guys!

BUMPing... Any news for the ppl on the wl?

Hey all! I just wanted to post that I finally decided to matriculate into the Brown-Dartmouth Program. I am super excited to get up to Hanover and meet everyone in August. Currently I am wading through about 5" of paperwork that has accumulated over the past month - I was travelling in Mexico. Anyway, just wanted to hollar out at my future classmates and wish those on the waitlist the best of luck!!! :luck:

PS. Any outdoor enthusiasts looking for a roommate??

congrats nutty. hanover is paradise (as long as you like the winter).

rme

welp, I am pretty much a snow freak, so I have a hunch things will work out!! :rolleyes:

nuttyp3 said:
welp, I am pretty much a snow freak, so I have a hunch things will work out!! :rolleyes:

Congrats!! You'll love Dartmouth!

Any news from the waitlisters? I am starting to loose hope :( I don't know what else to do, I sent the letters, the e-mails, talked to the dean of admissions, jeezzz, what else? Sorry for the rambling.....

Well, I just wanted to let the waitlisters at DMS know that as of today the class is full. There has been little movement and they don't know if it will move more or what. Although this threw me back again into the depression hole at least now I can be realistic and not check my phone like an idiot every 3 minutes... +pity+

Tristy said:
Well, I just wanted to let the waitlisters at DMS know that as of today the class is full. There has been little movement and they don't know if it will move more or what. Although this threw me back again into the depression hole at least now I can be realistic and not check my phone like an idiot every 3 minutes... +pity+

Hey Tristy,

I called DMS a while back (mid-June) and was told the same thing. I withdrew right after that... :( I'm def. going to Penn State now. I hope things work out for you. Best of luck. :luck: :luck: :luck: