DAT & Application Timing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hotandsoursoup

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
x

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I am applying this cycle as well. I can try answering your questions because I had the same questions a while ago. 1) Try to take DAT by mid-August, because it takes about 2 weeks for your official score to be sent and applying in August is already considered a bit late in the cycle, but I had friends who applied in September last year and still got in somewhere. 2)You should list your 50 hours shadowing and submit the application as soon as you take the DAT. It's definitely not worth it to hold off so you can add 10 more hours. Maybe you can inform the schools of your added hours by emailing them later, but be aware that some schools recommend shadowing, some require 30-40 hours of shadowing and some require over 100 hours of shadowing at the time of submitting the application. You need to check the shadowing requirement for every single school that you are applying to. You also need a letter of recommendation from a dentist for some schools. 3)I would add EMT certificate under "other license" because it's still healthcare related and could be a plus. 4) For the programs that have their supplemental essays on AADSAS, you need to answer the essay questions before you can pay and submit the application.