DAT done 11/01/2012. Scores are as bad as hurricane sandy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

predentalguy20

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
QR 18
Bio 18
Reading 17
Gen Chem 20
Org. Chem 21
AA 19
TS 19
PAT 18

Retake or NOT? applying next year
GPA around 3.6-3.7 science and overall.

Members don't see this ad.

Your AA and TS are fine along with your GPA. However, Bio and RC are a little low (and are sometimes considered the most important scores). Since you have until next year, you might as well schedule a retake. GOOD LUCK!

Those scores are not that terrible. Don't go jumping onto the 22+ or bust bandwagon that is SDN.

That reading score may be on the cutoff of some schools, but I'm certain that those scores have gotten someone into dental school before. The choice is yours. As is the $300+ and relentless studying.

Members don't see this ad :)
I can't speak to the lower bio score. However, if you were to isolate the reading score, I have the same as you. It hasn't held me back at all in terms of interviews. I'm sure it's relative to the overall situation though. Maybe if my GPA was lower or something like that, then my 17 would have been a bigger deal? I'm not sure!

I appreciate the advice. However, if I'm just shooting for any dental school, will a retake still be necessary? Well, it would be nice to get into my state school in NJ but Im not bankin on it.

Go for it. Apply wisely and early. Letters and personal statement are what's on deck now. If you're skinny on ECs you could look into it. It's a good position to be in having that DAT out of the way. We can nitpick each score and talk about this and that being more important and redflag this and cutoff that. You have a 19 and 3.7. Keep it simple.

I hope that's not considered bad because my stats are pretty similar..

Go for it. Apply wisely and early. Letters and personal statement are what's on deck now. If you're skinny on ECs you could look into it. It's a good position to be in having that DAT out of the way. We can nitpick each score and talk about this and that being more important and redflag this and cutoff that. You have a 19 and 3.7. Keep it simple.

you are absolutely right. Probably should work on my EC's instead:laugh:

You do not need to retake! Silly SDN'ers.
I know of plenty of guys with similar GPA and 19AA with nothing below 16 who get tons of interviews.

I will be applying with AA18...dont retake, its not necessary...good luck