DAT November 2018 Percentiles

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DAT2018?

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I was just wondering who else is in my boat. I got my DAT scores and despite the fact that I'm in like 90-99th percentile for all of my sections I got really low marks on the scale of 1-30. I don't understand why no one got above a 20 in our bio section and PAT no one above 22. It seems really weird that our 99th percentile is the same value on 1-30 as people that got 65th percentile for the other DAT tests. And I was told that the universities only look at our 1-30 score so compared to the other test takers our cohort that wrote November 2018 are more screwed for applications. Is there someone we can talk to or do we just accept that our test was harder to do well on? I thought it was supposed to be curved to account for this.

(For reference my scores were Science: 27 (98th percentile), Bio: 19 (99th percentile), RC: 23 (90th percentile), PAT: 19 (90th percentile), TS: 21 (98th percentile), AA: 23 (98th percentile))

Members don't see this ad.

now hold on, since when did testing centers start showing percentiles in score reports?

Reactions: 1 user
now hold on, since when did testing centers start showing percentiles in score reports?

I'm not sure but I dont think it's new. When I signed in to download my transcript there was a second link that gave me my ranking in percentile for each of the sections. They also had the percentiles for those that did the French one.

Members don't see this ad :)
hmm. are you from Canada?

Yup. Sorry I forgot to mention that! All of the Canadian scores came out tonight and they give us the ranking so we know how many people got each score. And for certain sections no one was given a score above 20. Which seems really odd given that should reflect 85th percentile not 100th percentile

Yup. Sorry I forgot to mention that! All of the Canadian scores came out tonight and they give us the ranking so we know how many people got each score. And for certain sections no one was given a score above 20. Which seems really odd given that should reflect 85th percentile not 100th percentile
Thanks for the clarification for other students, from your post I had realized it was the Candian DAT. Can you post more information if you get it, it will help other Canadian students.

Nancy

This is file with everyone's scores can be found just by googling November 2018 Canadian test percentiles.

I'm not sure how this oddly skewed test is going to affect the people who wrote this test chance with admission this year. I emailed the dental association but I don't have a response yet.

Yea so unfortunately the scale for Nov 2018 is very skewed which was unfortunate for all of us who wrote this exam. For now I have contacted CDA but I dont think anything will be changed or done. Not sure if we can contact any higher authority for further clarification. If anyone has any leads please let us know ! I would like to follow up on this as my scores should have been competitive based on my percentile but the raw scores are not representative at all.

Reactions: 1 user