DAT soon and hopeless :(

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dentalkid434

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Hello all,

My DAT is in a few days and I am FREAKING out :( ! It is 1:37AM and I have beenin bed since 11pm trying to fall asleep, but can not because of the DAT. Istudied sooooo hard thus far and feel unprepared. Earlier I did acheiver test 4and got a 15,16,16 for the sciences. On test 3 however, I got 17,17, 17. WTF??How did I go down this much?? On top of this the PAT is seemingly much hardernow and I can not pull above a 17 on achiever, no matter how hard I try. I gota 20 on crackpat ONCE and that was on test 10 just yesterday. The others aremuch lower. I am doomed . I feel like crying now, butcrying will not help.... I have not even started RC. I have been working on QRand it seems like a timing issue for the most part. I already submitted myapplication on addsas and was hoping of applying this cycle. I am just a nervouswreck now....only imagine me on test day. I am just so depressed. I am applyingto middle tier schools like NYU and was hoping of also applying to Howard, justin case. But I am not an URM and do not qualify. What if all this waspointless? What if I do not get into dental school? Ugh, just the thought isrepulsive. I am absolutely terrified of standardized tests and just quiver withfear thinking about them. I can not sleep normally, eat normally, thinknormally...and if I were to be woken up in middle of the night during the REMphase I would probably even recall dreaming of the DAT. On top of this myboyfriend and I broke up earlier this summer. Everything is just goingdownhill. My life is a wreck. I feel like I will not amount to anything. :scared:

It is 1:49am and I am still worrying. I am screwed.

Members don't see this ad.

Okay, first of all you need to calm down. I understand that me saying that doesn't do much at all and I'm sure you're trying, but you really need to do this.

Second, don't worry so much about achiever...ESPECIALLY not test 4 or 5, which are the hardest out of them all.

You've surely worked hard this entire time, breaking down now would hurt you more than most other things.

Achiever is wayyy harder than the real test. You should stop taking Achiever tests if your DAT is in a few days and do some ADA practice exams to boost your confidence. Forget Achiever scores, You will be fine as long as you studied diligently. Gluck

Woah man... goosfraba.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fscuv4PIjws

...Now, how do you feel?

Honestly, though, try to find a way to take control of your anxiety. Although you may feel like the world is crashing down around you, I promise, it's not. Now is the time to start building your confidence. You might want to step away from practice exams and start reviewing your material, imho.

Of course you don't and won't know everything, but you can't expect to. I also sort of ate it on one of my Topscores around a week and a half before my exam. Instead of freaking out (completely), I laid out a realistic plan to review everything I had already learned to ensure I would be totally confident about that material going in.

You have it in you. Don't let your mind get the best of you, and good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the support. As an aside, I noticed you practiced using the 2009 ADA...I was wondering how the PAT section on the real thing compared to that of the 2009 ADA and Acheiver's PAT section?

Thanks in advance! :)

Bro chill. I only got higher than a 17 on any science ONCE on achiever and got a 25 on OC and 22 on GC on the real thing. And i took these 5 days before my test. Dont stress over achiever or topscore science scores. They are harder