DAT stuff so expensive

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentist050892

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, how do you guys afford everything when having to retake? I took my DAT a while back, and decided I'm most likely going to have to take it again in January. Datqvault, Datbootcamp, Chad's.. thats 350 bucks! Thank god I have Destroyer and Crackdatpat which are unlimited, but do you guys just keeping buying these softwares over and over? I'm thinking about screen shooting every question in Qvault and bootcamp.. The DAT is like 400 bucks itself plus these study materials :mad::mad:

Members don't see this ad.

I didn't expect it to be so costly either. Study materials + exam came out to around $1300 for me

Members don't see this ad :)
So, how do you guys afford everything when having to retake? I took my DAT a while back, and decided I'm most likely going to have to take it again in January. Datqvault, Datbootcamp, Chad's.. thats 350 bucks! Thank god I have Destroyer and Crackdatpat which are unlimited, but do you guys just keeping buying these softwares over and over? I'm thinking about screen shooting every question in Qvault and bootcamp.. The DAT is like 400 bucks itself plus these study materials :mad::mad:
Think cellular respiration.:rolleyes:

If your taking the DAT you are planning on going to dental school. The investment for actually applying, flying out for interviews, supplemental fees....is far greater than the investment for the DAT. I spent at least 600-700 bucks if not more on everyone and it payed off with my AA 20 TS 21.

Yeah, I've had that icky feeling of deciding how much $$ I should spend. So far, including my test registration, I've spent a good ~$2200 on everything. (The usual materials and a Kaplan course...which was something I regret because I could have done without it). Think of it this way, whatever's in your budget, invest on solid study material and do it well. It's better to invest and give it your all, rather then having to retake it + waiting period.

Good luck! One day it'll pay off. :D

If you master Destroyer and CrackDAT, you should be ok. Just use your old textbooks for problems.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk