DATfor NYU-2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DENTAL BYTES

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
any one who is giving DAT for advanced placement program..............?

Members don't see this ad.

I have also started preparing for DAT.I think the hardest part on it is PAT section.What about you?Which materials do you refer for DAT?Which university are you planning to get in?

Members don't see this ad :)
I have also started preparing for DAT.I think the hardest part on it is PAT section.What about you?Which materials do you refer for DAT?Which university are you planning to get in?

Well yea PAT is hard..currently I am using DAT Destroyer and Chad's videos for chemistry...

anyone from toronto ???????????/appearing for DAT???????????????............for advanced placement

I am also planning to give DAT for NYU but only after I finish my NBDE part1( 19th July).......I am also living in Toronto( Etobicoke ).....:)

best of luck and message me whenever you are done.......................i live in brampton

Thanks.......I will surely contact, once I finish it.

I just want to know if other schools (apart from NYU) also require the DAT or is it just NYU.
Thanks in advance

Hi all, does NYU require DAT for current application cycle?
Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all,
I want to start preparation for DAT. Could any one please tell me the necessary preparatory materials like books, question papers and other?

Help is appreciated,
Thanks.

hui i am in torontoo.. etobicoke please give me ur email address will cntct you i am giving dat exam.

I am also planning to give DAT for NYU but only after I finish my NBDE part1( 19th July).......I am also living in Toronto( Etobicoke ).....:)
i am in toronto etobicoke giving dat nbde part1 .. gv me ur remsil address..

hi chintan i have sent u my email address by personal message...check that message in your profile.....

Hi
I was confused about DAT prep since i am a foreign trained dentist, already done with NBDE part 1 and 2 and this DAT was a new hassel and frustating. NYU made it eligibility for us too. I am so much thankful that i m telling about it to all
I found a very good online tutor .....her teaching is very good plus she send assignments to practice every day ....that kept me on track..... i did not even know what books to follow .....believe me i got no books at all and i did not have to do anything other than the course ....just 1 month and i was done and luckily i scored very well
u can also contact the same tutor for help.....i dont think they have any webpage or something i was referred by a friend who also took the course.... but i do have email ...it is [email protected]
the course really saved me ...such a relief
Its really worth doing!!!!
good luck everyone

Hi
I was confused about DAT prep since i am a foreign trained dentist, already done with NBDE part 1 and 2 and this DAT was a new hassel and frustating. NYU made it eligibility for us too. I am so much thankful that i m telling about it to all
I found a very good online tutor .....her teaching is very good plus she send assignments to practice every day ....that kept me on track..... i did not even know what books to follow .....believe me i got no books at all and i did not have to do anything other than the course ....just 1 month and i was done and luckily i scored very well
u can also contact the same tutor for help.....i dont think they have any webpage or something i was referred by a friend who also took the course.... but i do have email ...it is [email protected]
the course really saved me ...such a relief
Its really worth doing!!!!
good luck everyone

congrats for DAT, i sent a mail but no replies yet.

well how much you scored and what score is considered good for IDP?

and how come without books?

i know lots of questions :p

good luck

congrats for DAT, i sent a mail but no replies yet.

well how much you scored and what score is considered good for IDP?

and how come without books?

i know lots of questions :p

good luck

Its weekend ........she usually dont work weekends .....u will surely get reply
I got an old kaplan blue book from a friend which also i did not do completely
i made notes with her lectures and did the practice questions from the assignments she sent
that saved me money also because i was confused about which books to buy and must have spent a lot
her lectures are already a summary from many books

also i m not very hard working ...for me even this much was enough .....u can ask her for study material i u want !!!!!!!

what is your DAT score nitu?
...................SC............PERCENTILE
PAT ........... 21 .............87
QR..............30..............100
RC..............21............... 80.2
BIO.............20................80.3
GC..............29................99.7
OC..............26................97.7
T.S..............21................91.3
AA..............24.................99.6

I dont even know what score should be best for school but she said my score was perfect
I wish i would have know about these classes before NBDE ....i must have been in dental school now
I am doing TOEFL with her now even that is outstanding .....i hope i do well
good luck all

Q.. did NYU increase the number of years in Advanced standing program?

Last edited:
I completed scores .......I guess yes there is enough time ......i know lot of people preparing right now ....all those are yet to apply
i have friends in NYU ... they told me that Due to DAT very few applications are there this year ....so less competetion ......they suggested me to take DAT as soon as possible

Lets see what destiny has in store

I agree. There is a very high chance to get accepted to NYU this cycle since not very many will be giving the DAT

Yeah .....thats why its safe to some how be done with DAT than wasting a year and so much money applying again .........I m already frustated and desperate to get in some school

I agree. There is a very high chance to get accepted to NYU this cycle since not very many will be giving the DAT

Yeah .....thats why its safe to some how be done with DAT than wasting a year and so much money applying again .........I m already frustated and desperate to get in some school

if 2 or 3 of us can think then other 600 can also.
and here comes a real eye opening converstaion that i went through in sep/oct2011
Mr X- hi, hw r u
Mr Y- i am gud hw r u , i am worried i should get into dental school this year through one of these interviews and bench exams.
Mr Z- me too, have you read on ada from jan 2012 nbd wont hav scores hw will universities grade us though
Me- yaah even i am worried abt this.
Mr X- DYU and another unv are coming up with DAT as the requirement.
Mr Y, Mr Z, me- (collectively laugh and say) are you crazy thats the high school stuff exam. some one has fooled you.

Mr x- no i meet a bunch of people who already have started prep on DAT and they know approx 20 30 pplwho already done with DAT

Mr Y, Z- even we shd get started if we dont get in we shd get DAT done
Me- no way. u guys dont understand it will never be the way u say,

aug 2012 more than 500 appl already in the university with DAT. i feel myself as the biggest fool :mad:

cant u ppl see why only 7 8 of us are talking here and approx 2592 views

accept the reality, we can decieve ourself but not the truth.

but thumbs up for who all done i no way wanted to demotivate anyone. just kindof a realoity check

you r right bharat .......many know this .....but still it has decreased compitition at least this year
there r many reasons for that

but good luck to all

Really .....this is a million dollar question .....we all are doing without an answer .

Hey Nitu...Congratulations!!!!!
Can you please tell me if you get the result just after the exam or after weeks like NBDE?
thanks

@ above .....yes they give scores just after exam .....they say that those are prelimnary scores and subject to change

actual score report came after a while by post ....i dont remember how many days after but came after about 2 weeks

If quality candidates pass NBDE 1&2, whether they want to take DAT, spend 360K, and 3 years?
DAT=go back to childhood:(

Last edited:
Haha i agree hatico, also did u forget the fact that in order to get the license in ny u need to do 1 year residency after the program??

in order to get the license in ny u need to do 1 year residency after the program??

I'm a resident of another state and do not need NY license. Should I take 1 year residency, too?

if you dont want to practice dentistry in NY you dont need 1 year residency
its only who want to practice dentistry in NY even if they are graduates of any other school

as far as residency is concerned, i must give you guys a word of wisdom: very soon most states will require a residency..so its always better to do one !!!!

how much time is req fr DAT ???.......m gvng ma part2 in oct 1st week....n hardly hav 1 month n few days....bfr deadline of NYU......i dunno wanna gve it.........

NYU does not accept nbde and toefl from us and its the same for DAT ...so ya directly from ADA . btw r u done with your DAT already HollyJ?

No I haven't.
Btw are you sure they need it from ADA. Nothing is mentioned in the website. It says a "copy of scores"a.

Hey:)
after encouraging post from you nitu I also joined DAT class by sunila
Course is really amazing so far .....i hope i do well:xf:
After how much time after the course did you take exam:confused: ....how much self study u did?
thanks in advance

@above , well i was tired of study already so i did not punt in lot of effort, i took exam about 2 weeks after course finished , study well along the course u will ready i guess
good luck

@above , well i was tired of study already so i did not punt in lot of effort, i took exam about 2 weeks after course finished , study well along the course u will ready i guess
good luck
Where is Ms.Sunila located and how much does she charge?

As much as i know she is presently in Washinton DC but her academy is in India they operate from there
regarding payment u can contact her directly .....or PM me i can tell u what i paid.

I just want to know if other schools (apart from NYU) also require the DAT or is it just NYU.
Thanks in advance

I know one more school requiring DAT, but it is only for NBDE part 1 takers whose results were evaluated with PASS/FAIL system. The school does not require DAT for those who took part 1 before 1/1/2012

hiii DENTAL BYTES .... i also live in brampton.....are u preparing for dat????

hiiii nitu .....i have pm u ....please reply asap.....need ur honest opinion....thanks in advance for ur help....god bless

hiii nitu
congratulations !!!! that's a great score.
Have you used any books for the preparation? What was the duration of sunila's course? Do you think 1-2 months is enough for the preparation?

@ above
hi i had old edition of kaplan blue book but i hardly read it ....i mainly followed the course
course is 1 month duration .....yes 1 month is enough if u seriously do it ....still not much of effort is needed ....just go for it
good luck