David Lynch's ERASERHEAD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

VentdependenT

You didnt build thaT
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Got netflix last week, greatest media invention going on right now, and rented Eraserhead.

I watched and was like, WTF was that man. It really is like watching someone else's dream. Some wacked out genius' dream I suppose. No true plot. Just really really bizarre. Not unwatchable if you happen to like Lynch's other work.

Anyways 3 nights later I woke up and that movie just started racing through my head on how F'd up it was. Creepy stuff.

Anyone else watch this thing?

Members don't see this ad.

Saw it about 15 years ago and it got me started on Lynch films. And I can never look at a Cornish game hen the same way.

Catch his film "Wild at Heart" too if you haven't already. And "Blue Velvet" of course.

Saw it about 15 years ago and it got me started on Lynch films. And I can never look at a Cornish game hen the same way.

Catch his film "Wild at Heart" too if you haven't already. And "Blue Velvet" of course.

LMAO about the cornish game hen. HAHAHA.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm obsessed with David Lynch. Eraserhead was pretty sweet... :D

Mulholland Drive is his best one though, IMO.

The new one, Inland Empire was pretty cool too, although hard to follow...

I'm obsessed with David Lynch. Eraserhead was pretty sweet... :D

Mulholland Drive is his best one though, IMO.

The new one, Inland Empire was pretty cool too, although hard to follow...

Mulholland Drive is on my all time least favorite movies list along with Donnie Darko and The Triplets of Belleville (painful!!!) etc. Dune was pretty good though and I agree it was a great pc game.

Mulholland Drive is on my all time least favorite movies list along with Donnie Darko and The Triplets of Belleville (painful!!!) etc. Dune was pretty good though and I agree it was a great pc game.

Agree with your first two picks.

Never say The Triplets movie. How painful is it? Like Requiem for a Dream painful?

Never say The Triplets movie. How painful is it? Like Requiem for a Dream painful?
Oh, so much worse! It's about a bicyclist. Picture watching a cartoon guy ride a stationary bicycle, breathing hard, his clock ticking, his dog barking, all in a repeating rhythm for 30-40 minutes. And that's the best part. Painful! I went to see it on a second date or something, or I would have walked out. Afterward, my date said she wished we could have walked out too, but neither of us wanted to suggest it. Trust me, it's bad.

I enjoyed Requiem for a Dream, but then I knew some people like that (via work projects not personal life), so it was interesting from that perspective.

Got netflix last week, greatest media invention going on right now, and rented Eraserhead.

I watched and was like, WTF was that man. It really is like watching someone else's dream. Some wacked out genius' dream I suppose. No true plot. Just really really bizarre. Not unwatchable if you happen to like Lynch's other work.

Anyways 3 nights later I woke up and that movie just started racing through my head on how F'd up it was. Creepy stuff.

Anyone else watch this thing?
No, but I've wanted to for some time. Heard it was about some dude who thought his pregnant wife was going to give birth to a demon.

Saw "Mulholland Drive" and "Blue Velvet." Got started on Lynch with "Twin Peaks." I have the whole series. On VHS.

Wait a minute, I liked mullholand and Donnie Darko.

I dont think the guy is giving birth to a demon. But I guess it doesn't matter. Its all how you interpret it. Which, anyway you look at it, is gonna be seriously f'd up.

Other weirdo movies that I liked: Welcome to the doll house. Chuck and Buck (woah that is fukked up!).

Recently saw "Battle Royale" thanks to Netflix. Another odd flick. A class of eighth grade Japanese students placed on an island by the government for a three day fight with the surviving student winning freedom from the island.

It's...yeah it's pretty much how it sounds.

And a few months ago caught "Visitor Q" by Japanese director Takashi Miike. I don't even know where to start with that one, other than I still occasionally think back to the film and think "wtf??!?!" and push on my eyes until the images leave.

Recently saw "Battle Royale" thanks to Netflix. Another odd flick. A class of eighth grade Japanese students placed on an island by the government for a three day fight with the surviving student winning freedom from the island.

It's...yeah it's pretty much how it sounds.

And a few months ago caught "Visitor Q" by Japanese director Takashi Miike. I don't even know where to start with that one, other than I still occasionally think back to the film and think "wtf??!?!" and push on my eyes until the images leave.

I saw Battle Royale too. It was ok if you are in the mood for gore. A bunch of school discipline problems forced to kill each other off, various weapons provided, lots of blood...
Never heard of Visitor Q.

Hey Venty,

I watched the most bizarre, freaky movie I've ever seen a cuppla weeks ago. Very, very strange movie called Very Bad Things.

Just when you think it cant get any worse, it does.

Whoa.

This is Noggin/Nickelodeon stuff compared to Visitor Q. Rent it, watch it alone. (Because if you invite a friend/loved one they'll want to know wtf you were thinking when you rented it.)

Another good one - not quite as surreal/disturbing but a good suspense/horror by Takashi Miike is "Audition". Also on netflix.

This is Noggin/Nickelodeon stuff compared to Visitor Q. Rent it, watch it alone. (Because if you invite a friend/loved one they'll want to know wtf you were thinking when you rented it.)

Another good one - not quite as surreal/disturbing but a good suspense/horror by Takashi Miike is "Audition". Also on netflix.

:eek:

Visitor Q. OK.

If its as bad as you say sounds like I'm gonna need somebody to let me sit on their lap and read me a story afterwards. :laugh:

VHS is not that old considering TiVo and recordable DVDs are still young technology. now if you said "Laser Disc" or betamax, that would be worth italics ;) or, for example, Black Sabbath on 8-track
I meant the original boxed VHS set. But I see what you mean :laugh:

Just saw "Last House on the Left." Made in the 70s, it's about a group of escaped convicts that capture two teens trying to score grass. The alternate title for the movie was "The biggest sex crime of the century." :hungover:

Last house on the Left - Truly f'd up movie. first one that comes to mind when you think "F'd up movie". Makes Clockwork Orange seem tame from what I remember.

Audition - wife was very angry I rented such a movie. LOL!

Netflix has all these movies and blockbuster doesn't. Makes me want to switch back to Netflix. I think "Ichi the Killer" was one of the films next up in my queue.