DEA To Allow Returning Unused Prescription Drugs To Pharmacies

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fauxden

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

they tried that before n it didnt work. the mailing envelopes were sold for $3.99 at cvs? ppl asked but never bought one. not even one.

Members don't see this ad :)
Not in Pennsylvania. You might be able to frack for gas, but you need a hazardous waste permit to take back prescription medication.

Reactions: 1 user
That's because fracking isn't hazardous to the environment or population

/sarcasm

No because Pennsylvania is ******ed and we have the Worst Governor in the know world

All controlled medications should be flushed down the ****ter.
upload_2014-9-9_21-27-27.jpeg

Those envelopes we had at CVS couldn't be used for controlled substances. Of course, this rule also assumes that pharmacies will volunteer to take the drugs back. Drug disposal costs money.
According to the label, that is correct. However, I may or may not have just told people to leave off the return address and drop the envelope in the mailbox.

How do you treat the water supply to then remove it? Anyone who fails a drug test could allege contaminated water.
I'm not a water purification engineer. I just read FDA approved labeling.
Duragesic Label said:
  • Used patches should be folded so that the adhesive side of the patch adheres to itself, then the patch should be flushed down the toilet immediately upon removal. Patients should dispose of any patches remaining from a prescription as soon as they are no longer needed. Unused patches should be removed from their pouches, folded so that the adhesive side of the patch adheres to itself, and flushed down the toilet.
  • For more information about DURAGESIC®, talk to your doctor or call 1-800-526-7736, 9:00 AM - 5:00PM (EST), Monday through Friday.

the toilet labeling says do not flush materials into the toilet other than toilet paper.

Reactions: 1 users
the toilet labeling says do not flush materials into the toilet other than toilet paper.
So where do you dispose of human waste?

The FDA does recommend flushing unneeded controls down the toilet. I usually tell people to mix it with kitty litter or coffee grinds and throw them out with the trash that way. I don't care for the idea of 'medicated' water supply.

The FDA does recommend flushing unneeded controls down the toilet. I usually tell people to mix it with kitty litter or coffee grinds and throw them out with the trash that way. I don't care for the idea of 'medicated' water supply.
Same recommendation for the urine of those on meds that are excreted unchanged, I assume?

Reactions: 1 users
From the landfill it will leech into the water supply anyway. Tell your patients to send it to NASA, so they can be discarded in a safe, extra-planetary manner.

Same recommendation for the urine of those on meds that are excreted unchanged, I assume?

Right, I am sure the amount drug in urine is the same as the amount of drug in an unused bottle.

Although this made me think of when I did a rotation in nuclear pharmacy. There are special instructions for people who take radioactive iodine in regards the urinating. I think it is something like flush the toilet three times or something like that.

From the landfill it will leech into the water supply anyway. Tell your patients to send it to NASA, so they can be discarded in a safe, extra-planetary manner.

I don't like to think of things in a landfill getting into the water supply, lol. ;)

Right, I am sure the amount drug in urine is the same as the amount of drug in an unused bottle...

For drugs that are excreted unchanged, it is. Just takes longer.