December cycle? what's that?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Put144

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Help me out guys, I've been reading threads and seeing a lot of talk about a December cycle. When's the latest you can send your app/take your DAT to be considered for a December cycle. And what does it mean anyway, you're one of the first batch of people to get an interview, which happens in December? Thx.

Members don't see this ad.

Help me out guys, I've been reading threads and seeing a lot of talk about a December cycle. When's the latest you can send your app/take your DAT to be considered for a December cycle. And what does it mean anyway, you're one of the first batch of people to get an interview, which happens in December? Thx.

There's only one cycle per year. The first round of acceptances come out in December. Your best bet is to apply early, interview early (before Dec 1) and get an acceptance on Dec 1. After that your chances of getting accepted go down (obviously) because there are less seats open.

So does that mean if you've taken DAT by August, and had the AADSAS printout mailed early August, that you're on pace to be in one of those early interviews? Depends on the schools I guess.

I think having your app sent out in August should be early enough. If you were just filling it out this late in august, then it wouldnt reach the schools until Oct and many may already have the first set of interview spots filled, unless you are REALLY competitive