deleted.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

letitbemd

Reaction score
deleted

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
If you get an acceptance from any school this cycle, you can not reapply with any success. You would be dead on arrival because secondaries ask if you have ever been accepted to medical school before and why you didn't matriculate. "I wanted to go to a top 20 medical school" would not be a sufficient answer.

Just see how your WL's go this cycle and make the best decision available to you in June.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Correct. To my understanding, reapplicants are applicants who do not earn any acceptances in the previous cycle.

If you are a strong student you will not have trouble matching into a competitive specialty from almost any "mid-tier" school you attend. It's really important to be honest with yourself about why you want to attend a T20 school and what you think it means about you as a student and physician.

Unpack these desires so that you can be authentically proud of yourself if you get an acceptance this cycle, and so that you can be authentically proud of yourself whatever path you take through med school and residency.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
If you get the A, take it and run, period. There are more applicants who are "good enough" for a top 20 school than there are seats in the classes.

Additionally, I do not believe that it would really be "gambling" to try and get a top 20 admission. An interview is not a slot machine where you pull the lever and then see what happens. For whatever reason after interviewing, 6 schools all decided to put you on the waitlist, and while it doesn't feel good I think one needs to conclude that while on paper you are a competitive applicant something went wrong at the interview stage. The problem may be something you don't recognize or that you can't change. So rather than throwing away a year's of attending salary hoping you can do better next year, just go to the school that takes you, kick butt, get into a "better" residency and build the career your want.

As an aside, you may well get into one of these top 20 institutions anyways.

Reactions: 4 users