Dental School applicant

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

0dental0

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
CategorySubjectHoursQuality
Points w/o
GPA w/oUndergraduateBCP50159.333.191573.14 Sciences62200.663.241973.18 Non-Sciences47179.343.821823.87 Cumulative1093803.493793.48

I am currently applying to dental school and I was wondering what i should aim for on the DAT given my academic work. Above I provided my aadsas gpas , and i have serveral e.c activites , can you tell me if this is close to competive or do i have to seriously ROCK the Dat.

Members don't see this ad.

sorry the Gpas

are BCP:3.19 and w/o 3.14
sciences: 3.24 w/o 3.18
Non-Sciences: 3.82 w/o 3.87

overall 3.48

I never got lower than a B in any of my sciences .

20 and above all around. you should be fine if you have plenty of ECs. Research experience would also help you to stand out.

Most importantly, just get above 20 AA and 20TS on the DAT. :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
sorry the Gpas

are BCP:3.19 and w/o 3.14
sciences: 3.24 w/o 3.18
Non-Sciences: 3.82 w/o 3.87

overall 3.48

I never got lower than a B in any of my sciences .

You probably should be prepared to explain why your Science grades are so much clearly lower than the other classes. Do remember that in Dental School you are taking almost exclusively science classes.

so based on my GPA's and an average DAt score I should not expect any interviews, wow i guess i need to rock the DAt .

I wouldnt be to worried, Just do well on the DAT, have shadowing experience, and apply to more than the average. Most people on here seem to only apply to about 15 schools.

I wouldnt be to worried, Just do well on the DAT, have shadowing experience, and apply to more than the average. Most people on here seem to only apply to about 15 schools.

Yea but not everyone can pay for so many applications. I only applied to a total of 7 schools last summer, and I'm STILL paying off the credit card debt. App's aren't cheap! Just thought I'd throw that out there...:)

Oh I know but if he is really worried, a few more thrown in this time might be better than doing a whole cycle next year. Thats more for what I was going after.

Nice work by the way 7 apps :), mind if you share those stats?

Oh I know but if he is really worried, a few more thrown in this time might be better than doing a whole cycle next year. Thats more for what I was going after.

Nice work by the way 7 apps :), mind if you share those stats?

PM me if you want, but honestly no need. I'm a TX resident so the TX dental application process is different from the AADSAS. I never really wanted to leave TX I only applied to the 4 OOS schools b/c my sister made me apply to "at least 5 schools no matter what" lol

Hi,
I was studying for the dat when my friend told me that its important to know all the steps in glycosis (such all enzymes )and the entire kerbs cycle. Also as far as chemistry is the Kaplan book accurate in the material to study . Lastly, i heard the dat has change some things and DAT achiever and Topscore are no longer helpful, is there any truth to that? thanks

Hi Everybody,
I am a prospective dental student applicant. I have a big passion to be a dentist.
I want to know what dental schools look for applicant to have other than good GPA, volunteering opportunities, and shadowing.
I have been thinking about lots of things that might be important or unimportant. Does age and/or work experiences matter for them. I don't have a lot of work experience. I have work 5 or 6 jobs in the last 5 years for less than 3 months per job. Is it required to be a part of research project with a university I attend or other school before applying? I hear from others even though they have an outstanding GPA, and extracurricular work they have done, they end up being rejected. Has anyone been through a scenario like that? Kindly, would someone share their story with me on why people get rejected?
What other things beside what I asked needed to be noted. I still don't know about lots of things, so may be someone can shed a light on me. I would like to know if this is the right path for me.