Dental school biology requirements

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Seasquirt33

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm applying to dental school this cycle and wanted to make sure all my course requirements were straightened out for senior year as I'm planning to go straight into dental school (as long as I get in of course). I'm a philosophy of medicine/ science major so all the prerequisite science courses don't fall into the scope of my major and I wanted to make sure that I had enough biology for certain schools. OU in particular has a 16 credit hour biology requirement and this is what I've taken so far:
- General biology 1 and 2 with lab (8 hours total)
- Microbiology with lab (5 hours total)
- Human Physiology with lab (5 hours)
- Human anatomy with lab (planned for 4 hours)
obviously, general bio 1 and 2 as well as micro will fit the requirement, but for the last 3 credit hours will human physiology or anatomy count? and if not, any science course recommendations to finish that would provide the greatest benefit doing into dental school?

Members don't see this ad.

Do you have upper level 3000 and 4000 science classes? They like to see those and see you do well. Take an advanced bio class if you can like immunology or virology