This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DOCI3

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
-Hi so I'm applying to dental school this cycle
I got a 23 AA, graduated from UTSA with a 3.52, have done around 100 hrs shadowing, and just got a job as an RDA
I need help on a couple of things and would really appreciate some help

So 1st off, can someone please look over my personal statement for me?? Or is this something I should not PM people on the internet? Please let me know.

2nd off. I just got a job as an RDA which is going to look great but it's not going to give me much time to volunteer, and frankly, I don't have much volunteering (almost none). Seeing as how I am going to be working, the most I can start getting is 5 hrs a week from now till applications open. Should I rush to start that or can I just add in volunteering after the application has been submitted?

3rd. I was wondering if you guys could provide me with some feedback on the schools I've picked to apply to or even suggest some? should i apply to more/less? Are these schools all out of my reach?
I currently live in TX but have family in the Northeast so I'm applying to a bunch of schools in that region my current list is:
-TexasA&M
- UT san antonio tx
-UT houston tx
- Temple University
-Boston University Henry M. Goldman School of Dental Medicine. ma
-Columbia University College of Dental Medicine
-NYU
-University at Buffalo School of Dental Medicine, NY
-Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, School of Dental Medicine
-Stony Brook University School of Dental Medicine
-Touro College of Dental Medicine at New York Medical College
-Tuft
-University of Maryland School of Dentistry
-University of New England College of Dental Medicine, ME
-University of Pennsylvania School
-University of Pittsburgh School

Members don't see this ad.

Yes! You can PM your PS to anonymous people across the interwebs. Well, not anyone. Check out the thread where old timer SDN users volunteered to read and give feedback on people's personal statements. Myself included.

Yes! You can PM your PS to anonymous people across the interwebs. Well, not anyone. Check out the thread where old timer SDN users volunteered to read and give feedback on people's personal statements. Myself included.

Thanks for responding!
do you mind linking me to the specific post you mentioned?