Dental Dental School US-Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Question

Member Question
Volunteer Staff
Reaction score
I am a Canadian citizen hoping to attend university in the states. I want to go to dental school and i’m wondering if i will be able to complete dental school in the states then transfer back to Canada to specialize. Is this possible? Will I be able to practice in Canada if I specialize in the US? Or should I just complete undergrad in the US then complete my other degrees in Canada?

— Experts please respond to this post —

Members don't see this ad.

I am a Canadian citizen hoping to attend university in the states. I want to go to dental school, and I’m wondering if I will be able to complete dental school in the states then transfer back to Canada to specialize. Is this possible? Will I be able to practice in Canada if I specialize in the US? Or should I just complete undergrad in the US then complete my other degrees in Canada?

— Experts please respond to this post —

It is possible but it takes a lot of effort to be sure you are on top of all the appropriate licensure exams that you need to take to be able to practice in Canada. You should go to a school with a history of graduating students who practice in Canada, then have the schools tell you of some alumni to contact about that process. Some that I have worked with attended Canadian universities while others attended US universities before starting dental school.

Yes it is technically possible, it is much more difficult to get into Canadian residencies and dental schools though due to limited spots.

I would also apply to both canadian and US dental schools. If you get into a Canadian one, most are way cheaper from my understanding compared to the international OOS fees you would pay as a Canadian at a US School

Status
Not open for further replies.