Depression

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nafcillin

15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I am depressed and have been for years. I have sought help through cognitive behavioral therapy, medications, other therapists, and the depression is still there.

I have called in sick the past 3 days because I haven't felt the urge to get out of bed let alone work. It's a f*cking chore for me to take a shower let alone interact with people.

Does this **** ever get better? Anyone dealing with depression and trying to hold down a real job?
Seek professional help.

Members don't see this ad :)
Pm me. I won't be home for a couple days but I'll try to get to it on the blackberry.

And if anyone tells you just to "suck it up" I'll kick their ass for you.

I am depressed and have been for years. I have sought help through cognitive behavioral therapy, medications, other therapists, and the depression is still there.

I have called in sick the past 3 days because I haven't felt the urge to get out of bed let alone work. It's a f*cking chore for me to take a shower let alone interact with people.

Does this **** ever get better? Anyone dealing with depression and trying to hold down a real job?

If I could think of anything that might possibly make you feel just a little bit better, I would. But I don't think any of us here are professional therapists. If you need someone to talk to, I know a lot of us would be here for you though!

Continue to take small steps forward (don't put pressure on yourself to do too much at once) until you feel better. I've known many people who've faced depression, and then turn that corner. You will too! I know we'll all be keeping you in our prayers and minds.

currently am. and that sounded rude - did you even read my message?
I was not trying to be rude. It is the only course of action we can advise you to do. We can offer you kind words but you NEED to take action to improve you situation. Im sorry if i came off wrong.

Nafcillin is taking action to improve his/her situation. You can only do so much sometimes. Think about it.

Nafcillin, hopefully you will push through this soon, but even if you can not right now, try to make your life the best that you can make it. No one is given a perfect hand of cards whenever they are dealt from the deck of life, but those who try to make their life what they want it to be are more likely to have a life that they had planned for.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Nafcillin, I am sorry to hear about your troubles. We are also right at winter solstice the time of year with the least amount of sunlight. It will only get brighter from here on out which will help you feel better. For me, exercise (running or weight lifting) always brightens my mood, as well as eating fresh fruits and vegetables.
Keep up your spirits, keep in contact with family and loved ones, and keep up your health . Time will heal all wounds and Best of luck in the New Year.

I think talking about it helps a lot. Maybe telling us what you are going through may help.

i second the idea of working out, lifting weights/running. it cures addiction/sadness from personal experiences i have heard from friends/myself.

Last edited:
i second the idea of working out, lifting weights/running. it cures addiction/sadness from personal experiences i have heard from friends/myself.

i agree. exercise is a great mood stabilizer; when you're slightly down, you can bring your low mood state to a higher arousal state. a good balance of cardio and weights can really alleviate stress and get you back to your right state-of-mind. bring a friend or two if you need motivation and don't forget your mp3/ipods. highly effective if you're not clinically depressed.

Last edited: