Did any non-trads here give up on premed as undergrads because of poor grades and then be more successful later in life?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AcneRosaceaDermatitis

Membership Revoked
Removed
Reaction score
I've been fairly back and forth on whether to try for medical school again.

One of the things that's deterring me is the fact that I was horrible at science as an undergrad (earned B+'s in math and a B- in Orgo 1) so if I were to go back to school as a non-trad and finished the rest of my pre-reqs there, why would I do better this time around? Like, nothing has changed about me, and I have even less time to study as someone working full-time.

Did any other non-trads ask themselves this question and if so, did you all manage to do better in pre-reqs after college?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I'm sure every non-trad who quit and started over again to try for medical school has asked themselves "how will it be different this time?" Also every med student who had to remediate a course or repeat a year has had to face this question. Only you can answer this for yourself, and find the motivation to do better and succeed. Obviously there have been non-trads who have been successful later though, because there are many posts on here of people who are now doctors who were non-trads, reinventors, & repeaters. You're 23...there are many users in their 30s & 40s just starting this process, but you act like you're running out of time to make this decision.

Also...B's are not "terrible grades", but you seem to need people to say this to you over and over. This is a red flag that points to the fact that your mental health needs some work before you attempt to undertake medical school.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.