Didn't see this coming from APhA...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RxStudentatUB

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Reactions: 1 user
F*ck APhA, f*ck their selection, what f*cking idiot OK'd this at APhA????

Members don't see this ad :)
I know they support conscience clauses for the most part (as do I), but they shouldn't support people pushing fake science.

Reactions: 2 users
I quit supporting APHA the year they supported George Ryan for IL governor (APHA supported him on the basis that someone being an RPH will automatically make them the best political candidate.) George Ryan did win, and then went on to be convicted of felonies committed while in office. Now granted, given IL track record for governors ending up in federal prison, chances are anyone who won that year would now be in federal prison....but still, APHA didn't have to be so blatant in supporting someone solely because they were a pharmacist. They probably would have supported Benedict Arnold as well.

And while I support the right of pharmacists to sell whatever drugs they want to (or don't want to) in the pharmacies that they own, spewing anti-science statements is ridiculous....but given APHA's track record on supporting politicians, I'm not surprised they support an anti-science pharmacist. Even completely ignoring the birth control issue/risks of pregnancy issue......there are many medical conditions which can be safetly & effectively treated with hormonal OC's. Haha, I feel like I'm repeating myself from the oxycodone thread, but pharmacists like Duplantis apparently aren't aware that yes, while its true there are risks with BCP's, the vast majority of women who take them, do so without any serious problems whatsoever.

Reactions: 3 users
Don't get me wrong- this was certainly a poor choice.

But why blast APhA over this- do they get to / have to approve the winner? I believe it is left entirely to the respective state organizations (look how California selects its winner: http://www.cpha.com/Membership/Awards/CPhA-Award-Recipients/Bowl-of-Hygeia). This is all on APhA-Louisiana. Geaux away!

There are plenty of things to find fault with at APhA. This isn't one of them.

Reactions: 1 user
Don't get me wrong- this was certainly a poor choice.

But why blast APhA over this- do they get to / have to approve the winner? I believe it is left entirely to the respective state organizations (look how California selects its winner: http://www.cpha.com/Membership/Awards/CPhA-Award-Recipients/Bowl-of-Hygeia). This is all on APhA-Louisiana. Geaux away!

There are plenty of things to find fault with at APhA. This isn't one of them.

I feel similar to you. Yeah, it's a dumb choice. Is it THAT big of a deal? Probably not.

I'm curious as to what exactly happens to the countless dollars that get thrown their way

Gave up on APhA when it took them just about the year to send my membership cards without any appology. Supporting this nut and giving him an award, my $50 membership fee will be used elsewhere, like a week of groceries.