Stupid Immature People responses. See Below!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

apple896

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

For those who harassed me, why don’t you F*** off. You are all unprofessional idiots.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Grad intern is a per diem position. Just tell your scheduler how many shift you want to work a week. Focus on your NAPLEX. You have the rest of your life to work as a RPh...but you have to get your license first !! Also don't stress yourself too much on the NAPLEX. I skipped 1/3 of the RxPrep and I still passed.

WAGS is definitely NOT looking after your best interest! It's just cheap labor for them. Reduce your hours, focus on NAPLEX. Don't worry about Auto-termination, that might be the best end result.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
A grad intern is a glorified tech. Take your exams ASAP so you can make Rph money. I'm surprised you haven't taken it yet.

It is almost November, have you not taken the NAPLEX yet???? I literally took it 2 weeks after getting my diploma, and only waited that long because I could get a spot earlier.

And if you think Walgreens cares about you or your well being anything more than how fast can you make them money, you are in for a rude awakening.

But seriously, just tell the, you need time to study (if you need it) - work a few days a week, but take that damn test soon so you can start making actual money,

Reactions: 4 users
1. Pick an exam date
2. Ask for the 2 weeks leading up to the exam date off to focus on studying
3. Take the exam

I think you are intelligent enough to have guessed all the above responses. Did you honestly think that even a single response would support you staying as a Grad Intern for a few more months/years? Don't think a single R.Ph. would say "what's the rush? You have a good thing going!"
I think it goes deeper, maybe you like the safety/security of present situation. Fear of taking NAPLEX? or failing?

Walgreens said they would help me prepare for the exam by doing MTMs, etc. — nothing like that, I feel I was hired for labor at the pharmacy.
You’re correct -
Unfortunately, you’re as cheap as it gets to do the work of a pharmacist without being paid as one.

I need full concentration on the exam prep, but if I don’t go they say I may be auto terminated.
If you don’t take time for your studies, you’ll prolong your ability to be licensed and be exactly where you’re at (or worse - terminated anyway for not being licensed by a specific deadline).

Should I just resign from the job, and just focus on my exam?
Focus on your exam. Tell them your situation, and take the necessary time off. If that means quitting or getting terminated then so be it.

Reactions: 1 user
WAGS is definitely NOT looking after your best interest! It's just cheap labor for them. Reduce your hours, focus on NAPLEX. Don't worry about Auto-termination, that might be the best end result.
Will auto-termination affect my prospects of finding another job after becoming licensed?

You’re correct -
Unfortunately, you’re as cheap as it gets to do the work of a pharmacist without being paid as one.

If you don’t take time for your studies, you’ll prolong your ability to be licensed and be exactly where you’re at (or worse - terminated anyway for not being licensed by a specific deadline).

Focus on your exam. Tell them your situation, and take the necessary time off. If that means quitting or getting terminated then so be it.
Do you mind if I send you a message?

Not to be mean, but did you really ask this forum for advice about going to pharmacy school 7 years ago, only to be told not to by a bunch of pharmacists, and you went anyway? Why even ask for advice here then?

Post in: 'Career change from optometry to pharmacy?' Career change from optometry to pharmacy?

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Not to be mean, but did you really ask this forum for advice about going to pharmacy school 7 years ago, only to be told not to by a bunch of pharmacists, and you went anyway? Why even ask for advice here then?

Post in: 'Career change from optometry to pharmacy?' Career change from optometry to pharmacy?
I did not ask this, and I do not appreciate this reply of yours.

• Haha
  • Okay...
Reactions: 5 users

You did ask, but whatever. Not sure what kind of responses you expected here. Either take the exam or be a grad intern forever I guess.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Apologize on behalf of my colleagues. There was another apple896 that back in 2015 had just dropped out of Optometry School and asking us about Pharmacy school. Our mistake.
Just carry on with exactly what you have been doing. Nothing wrong with Grad Intern for a few more months/years/decades.

• Haha
The internet is forever you know?

To answer your question, tell them to schedule you less and study for your test. Most of us have been where you are. Walgreens only treats you worst as time goes along especially after you get licensed.

ya you did

you exact quote:

I was thinking about changing my career to pharmacy, and I don't know if it's a good idea or not. I do know that I am hard working, and quiet in personality. But I don't have any experience in the field or know too much about it.

So I was wondering if anyone could please give me some advice into if this is a good idea, or just any advice in general. Thank you.

I knew an intern that never passed the Naplex and ended up going into finance. I wonder how that worked out for him.

Make sure to study and pass the exam. Working extra shifts is not going to help you pass your exam.

Also intern is the best position you will ever have at Walgreens. It’s only going to get worse.

I knew an intern that never passed the Naplex and ended up going into finance. I wonder how that worked out for him.

Make sure to study and pass the exam. Working extra shifts is not going to help you pass your exam.

Also intern is the best position you will ever have at Walgreens. It’s only going to get worse.

Bet that person gets to work from home now.

ya you did

you exact quote:

I was thinking about changing my career to pharmacy, and I don't know if it's a good idea or not. I do know that I am hard working, and quiet in personality. But I don't have any experience in the field or know too much about it.

So I was wondering if anyone could please give me some advice into if this is a good idea, or just any advice in general. Thank you.
@apple896 i see you changed your settings so people can't see your old messages after getting called out- you might have a career in politics

• Love
  • Haha
@apple896 i see you changed your settings so people can't see your old messages after getting called out- you might have a career in politics

No point in helping them in this case since they already have their mind set.

A few years later they will be back on this forum asking for validation advice on what they should do next, hoping that we all have forgotten about them.

• Love
My guess is that Apple896 will next time come back as Macintosh350....and get bent out of shape when people quickly realize what their previous ID was. Or maybe they will realize this isn't a forum to get validation for the wrong decisions they want to make, so they won't come back.

• Haha
My guess is that Apple896 will next time come back as Macintosh350....and get bent out of shape when people quickly realize what their previous ID was. Or maybe they will realize this isn't a forum to get validation for the wrong decisions they want to make, so they won't come back.
No I think we terrorized them into coming back as windows350 or Microsoft896

• Haha

Next thread: I got terminated because I didn't take the NAPLEX in time. Should I take it now?

• Haha
Next thread: I got terminated because I didn't take the NAPLEX in time. Should I take it now?

August 2023: I’m $200k+ in debt and loan repayments are going to start soon. Not licensed yet. What do I do?!

• Haha
Status
Not open for further replies.