Different race than stepdad?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

turtle2019

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I am a different race than my stepdad. I want to list only my biological race, but I suppose that my stepdad's race influenced me. Should I include my stepdad's race as well?

Members don't see this ad.

Biological race would make the most sense imo

Reactions: 3 users
Hi,

I am a different race than my stepdad. I want to list only my biological race, but I suppose that my stepdad's race influenced me. Should I include my stepdad's race as well?
It asks for your race. If you feel the need to mention your stepdad, then write about him in your personal statement

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Depends, is your step dad an orm or urm?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
if you say you are green but identify as purple you're just going to create something called red flag.

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
I feel this is better used in a diversity essay.

Your dad is not the one applying to med school.
My stepdad is an ORM. So I am worried that if I don't list him, they will accuse me of lying. What if they look him up, find out his country of origin (easy to do as he attended a foreign college and his name is on the internet). Will they look him up and accuse me of lying?

ORM. I am glad, I was just worried that they might look him up, and find that he is an ORM, and might then accuse me of lying.

Dude...how much time do you think adcoms have? You think they might look up the parents of an applicant, find out which university he went to, look up the country of origin, and then say you are lying about your ethnicity. Are you delusional?

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
My stepdad is an ORM. So I am worried that if I don't list him, they will accuse me of lying. What if they look him up, find out his country of origin (easy to do as he attended a foreign college and his name is on the internet). Will they look him up and accuse me of lying?
*sigh*
Take two of these please:
1596485064315.png

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Dude...how much time do you think adcoms have? You think they might look up the parents of an applicant, find out which university he went to, look up the country of origin, and then say you are lying about your ethnicity. Are you delusional?

But my stepdad is a physician, which is why I think they might do that. Also, I co-authored a few papers with him, which is why I think it might arise. So I am really worried about that.

*sigh*
Take two of these please:
View attachment 314826
lol I understand, but at the same time, I recall you said before that if adcoms even think that you are lying, you might as well light your application up on fire. So the problem is that my stepdad is a doctor which is why this arises. I also worked with him on a research project so that is another reason it might arise.

lol I understand, but at the same time, I recall you said before that if adcoms even think that you are lying, you might as well light your application up on fire. So the problem is that my stepdad is a doctor which is why this arises. I also worked with him on a research project so that is another reason it might arise.

Two may not be enough @Goro

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
For the last time; no one will be looking into this!

Do you think that you're first applicant in history to apply who has a mixed race family? Or who has a step dad not of your ethnicity???

Reactions: 1 user
For the last time; no one will be looking into this!

Do you think that you're first applicant in history to apply who has a mixed race family? Or who has a step dad not of your ethnicity???
Oh ok, thank you so much Goro. I will put down only my biological race. Thank you everyone for your help!

Oh ok, thank you so much Goro. I will put down only my biological race. Thank you everyone for your help!
You only have a bio race. That’s what everyone is trying to tell you. No one cares what race your step dad is.

Reactions: 2 users