Dilemma Ochem and biochem or Ochem and genchem

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tkuhug

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I need to either take gen chem and ochem this fall or take my last semester of general chem, then take ochem and biochem in the spring (last semester before due date for applications for schools i'm interested in)

No cc's offer these classes in the winter.

I am thinking gen chem and ochem will be a easier feat than ochem and biochem at once? lol advice please

Members don't see this ad.

I would say gen chem and ochem are easier than combining with biochem, but usually gen chem is a pre-req for ochem? I'm not sure if your school would allow it. I know mine wouldn't, so I would check with them first.

I wrote to the chair and she said she'd give me a clear code.

I'm also scheduled to take the OAT Nov but will prob need to push it a bit back. Any suggestions as to which month is best? If I push it back further I lose out on a 2nd chance to retake...

Members don't see this ad :)
You probably don't want to go into the test thinking you're going to need a chance to retake it- go in with confidence that you'll do well. If you've put enough work into studying then you can come out on top. I think probably best to take it is December or January if you're taking it during a school year because around November is when there are a lot of school tests and you don't want to get distracted. But I know some people who've taken their admissions tests right before finals week and they did fine. Just boils down to how you feel about your studying

Ok thanks, yea I'm thinking December too. Ahhhh!