Dinner with the Residents

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drbon

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
what is appropriate attire for going out to dinner with the residents the night before your interview?? for girls and guys...

Members don't see this ad.

what is appropriate attire for going out to dinner with the residents the night before your interview?? for girls and guys...

When I went to my pre-interview dinner, I wore Dockers and a decent shirt. The residents were basically dressed the same way.

You could do a search on this topic because its commonly discussed, but in summary:

Men:
belted trousers with long sleeve collared shirt; tie and jacket usually optional unless told it is more formal
no sneakers, jeans, shorts, sweats, etc. unless otherwise told the event will be held in a gym

Women:
at or below knee skirt or trousers with blouse or flat knit sweater
no jeans, sneakers, shorts, sweats, midriff or arse crack bearing clothing unless otherwise told the event will be held in a nightclub and you are the entertainment

Remember, you are being evaluated during these events, so don't look like a slob. Some do come in suits and that's fine but almost always these are pretty casual events, so "business casual" is fine. Check with the program coordinator if you have any doubts.

i did that and it didn't go over very well. :scared: