Discouraged

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Scorpio59643

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got my grades back for this semester and just failed my second class of my college coursework toward pharmacy. How many of you pre-pharmacy and pharmacy students out there have failed more than one class and maybe even have a W on your transcript? Do I still have a chance?? Any and all feedback is appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

I just got my grades back for this semester and just failed my second class of my college coursework toward pharmacy. How many of you pre-pharmacy and pharmacy students out there have failed more than one class and maybe even have a W on your transcript? Do I still have a chance?? Any and all feedback is appreciated!
Al is not lost.You will have to retake the classes and probably get all A's in them to make most schools see that you can do better at a second chance. also try not to fail any more classes because...not all schools are in to second chance you know. Goodluck

Reactions: 1 user
Retake those classes and get a high grade in them. I failed human anatomy in undergrad (professor taught it at the medical school level) then retook it at a CC and got an A. I also withdrew from a neurobiology class. I'm currently in pharmacy school and doing just fine.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am a firm believer of second chances, so if you did horrid, just prove to yourself as well as the pharmacy school admissions that you can hack the work that you do. You'll be fine if you really want to be that pharmacist that you dream to become

I had to drop the class even with the result of F. Even though I retook and aced it, my AMCAS/PHARMCAS/CASPA grade were averaged (not AACOMAS). However, that does not mean the end of the world. Retake at your best effort. You will be rewarded.