##--DMU Class Of 2010--## part 01

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Taking the wise (?) advice of Jamers, or maybe just being a naiive sucker getting set up for something else, I pose the following question to the self proclaimed super geniuses of 2010....Having just coughed up my $500 deposit....

Anyone know if there is anywhere even CLOSE to New England a DMU student can do 3rd/4th year rotations that would be pretty good, too??

I meant there is actually a thread CALLED that run by the guys from the class of 2007, I'd post the question there as well.

Members don't see this ad.

I meant there is actually a thread CALLED that run by the guys from the class of 2007, I'd post the question there as well.

No no no, don't discourage him from using that title... I kinda like it :D

Well, the self-proclaimed part might not fit...

Members don't see this ad :)
Amen to that...

"Always wipe from front to back... you don't want to introduce bacteria into the..."

Oh God I can't get the images out of my head. If I ever reach the point in my life where I can't wipe my own ass, I want to be taken out back and shot. No nursing home for me-

Weird how reading this dragged me back to how it felt to say that ~10 times per day. Some things are damn hard to forget. That's one of them. Measuring poop by the cup is another. :barf:

Hey hey, we have a new member! Welcome to the thread...

On a happy note, I asked my gf to marry me tonight and she actually said yes. The plan is unfolding just as planned. *In a Mr. Burns Voice* EXCELLENT :D

On a happy note, I asked my gf to marry me tonight and she actually said yes. The plan is unfolding just as planned. *In a Mr. Burns Voice* EXCELLENT :D

You're the man dj, congrats!!!! being married rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbup:

Congrats DJ, nice job. Remember the plan though...always have a back up :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)

Congratulations! And thanks for the visual of Mr. Burns. Helps to put it all in perspective.

HEY DJ, CONGRATS!!!! :D :D (BTW, nevermind what janitor says...he's still a newlywed and probably tappin it regularly so his vision is a little "cloudy" if you know what I mean. ;) As for the veterans/experts in this marriage thing (soundman and I)...it will change :mad: :( . But yes, marriage is great :laugh: )

Seriously though, congrats and sorry about that "cow" comment the other day. :laugh:

Now if our "president" would shut the hell up, things at DMU will be just great.

HEY DJ, CONGRATS!!!! :D :D (BTW, nevermind what janitor says...he's still a newlywed and probably tappin it regularly so his vision is a little "cloudy" if you know what I mean. ;) As for the veterans/experts in this marriage thing (soundman and I)...it will change :mad: :( . But yes, marriage is great :laugh: )

Seriously though, congrats and sorry about that "cow" comment the other day. :laugh:

Now if our "president" would shut the hell up, things at DMU will be just great.

haha congrads. I ask my gf to marry me and she laughs :( .

I wish I was tapping anything regulary hahaha.

I will be your back up dj :love: :love:

Anyways, who is the "new chick" to the thread?

I agree Jbone, the president needs a few advisors to hold his tongue for him a bit. I do like the email sent in retort by the professor though. That was very well written.

I agree Jbone, the president needs a few advisors to hold his tongue for him a bit. I do like the email sent in retort though. That was very well written.

I'll be sending an email to her (OMM chair) telling her that Mr. "Pong" doesn't speak for me or 99% of the class when he has such a poor use of the English language and no class/tact to get his point across. Maybe proof read crap you send BEFORE YOU SEND IT!!! :cool:
Just because you are a "class president"...doesn't mean jack crap and especially doesn't mean you have the right to talk down to a professor/fellow/student. EVER! Frankly, I'm embarrassed by our "mouth piece". We are a much better class than what is being portrayed. He needs to send an apology...STAT or get the hell out of the way and let someone else lead professionally.

No wonder we need so many professionalism lectures...:rolleyes:

I'll be sending an email to her (OMM chair) telling her that Mr. "Pong" doesn't speak for me or 99% of the class when he has such a poor use of the English language and no class/tact to get his point across. Maybe proof read crap you send BEFORE YOU SEND IT!!! :cool:
Just because you are a "class president"...doesn't mean jack crap and especially doesn't mean you have the right to talk down to a professor/fellow/student. EVER! Frankly, I'm embarrassed by our "mouth piece". We are a much better class than what is being portrayed. He needs to send an apology...STAT or get the hell out of the way and let someone else lead professionally.

No wonder we need so many professionalism lectures...:rolleyes:

If the thumbs down is for me, I think you read my inital response wrong: I was speaking of the retort SHE sent out. He hasn't yet made a retort; even I don't think he has enough gonads to make that move.

I already sent one Jbone. I thought what she wrote in retort was very well written. I also said that I did not like the fact that he had called our problems "issues" in his email. I may not be the most serious person on this planet but even I know that limits exist to how much one can joke around with. Joking around about the concerns that the class had, reguardless if you believe in them or not is wrong move number one, then making fun of what the professors are going to do about its wrong move number two. I was pissed off, to say the least, when I read his initial email with "issues". If what we expressed during our SGA meeting are just "issues" to him, then I have no faith in SGA.

I think the point is that our "president" did not use the best judgment for sure in the letter he wrote to that professor. He degraded the department and workers in that department and was unprofessional throughout the letter. It was obvious in the reading of it, and he and the entire SGA should apologize to that staff and those fellows. He definitely does not speak for me. I'll be writing a letter as well apologizing for their actions as well.

I think Jamers and Jbone are saying the same thing. His letter bad, OMM professors letter was good. I liked that it was cc'd to just about everyone in the entire DMU universe including the president and dean. Nice job prez :rolleyes: :thumbdown:

I also got to read (forwarded to me) that rather ridiculous attempt at civility by your goofball class president. I seriously have never seen a more colloquial & poorly written letter. I would be embarrassed to send an email like that to my parents, let alone the entire class. Just to echo what others have said, but OMM professor's letter was very good.

I also do feel bad that you guys have gotten shorted on TA's this semester. I know we sometimes didn't have TA's last year, but it was never this bad. I think some people are far too uptight w/ their time & if you can't spend (I was going to say volunteer, but it's not since you get paid) 1.5-2 hours to help out, you need to re-evaluate the way you are spending your time.

I really hope you all consider being TA's next year (you don't have to be an OMM guru to do it) so that these problems clear up. **end unsolicited advice** Next semester will be better when the popping & cracking kicks into full gear.

I think the point is that our "president" did not use the best judgment for sure in the letter he wrote to that professor. He degraded the department and workers in that department and was unprofessional throughout the letter. It was obvious in the reading of it, and he and the entire SGA should apologize to that staff and those fellows. He definitely does not speak for me. I'll be writing a letter as well apologizing for their actions as well.

I think Jamers and Jbone are saying the same thing. His letter bad, OMM professors letter was good. I liked that it was cc'd to just about everyone in the entire DMU universe including the president and dean. Nice job prez :rolleyes: :thumbdown:

It's really kind of funny, because when he originally sent the email/letter out, I didn't take the time to realize that he sent it to people other than the Class of 2010. When I actually saw that it had been CCd to everyone and their brother, I was shocked.

The OMM director's response was more than fair and roughly 1000 times better written than our president's letter. That being said, I still would love to see the current OMM director actually lead some of the lectures. Is there a particular reason why she never does??? That's the only thing that continues to bother me. She's an excellent instructor, and it would be nice to occasionally get a break from the fellows' lectures.

If the thumbs down is for me, I think you read my inital response wrong: I was speaking of the retort SHE sent out. He hasn't yet made a retort; even I don't think he has enough gonads to make that move.

I already sent one Jbone. I thought what she wrote in retort was very well written. I also said that I did not like the fact that he had called our problems "issues" in his email. I may not be the most serious person on this planet but even I know that limits exist to how much one can joke around with. Joking around about the concerns that the class had, reguardless if you believe in them or not is wrong move number one, then making fun of what the professors are going to do about its wrong move number two. I was pissed off, to say the least, when I read his initial email with "issues". If what we expressed during our SGA meeting are just "issues" to him, then I have no faith in SGA.

No Jam, I was in agreement with you post. Like soundman said, president's lame attempt at being funny (which he never is) BAD, letter from OMM Director EXCELLENT. ;)

But yes, I REALLY wish she taught more. She is FANTASTIC at what she does and hopefully she will teach more. Haven't had any "spam" for the last couple of days...maybe or pres. is in hiding. You know like the wolverines in Red Dawn. (man I love that movie) :laugh: WOLVERINES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

does anyone else not want to study radiology right now???? is this a night before class or start studying now????

shades of behavioral med all over again..........
:sleep:

does anyone else not want to study radiology right now???? is this a night before class or start studying now????

Give me a break you freakin gunner. Got that anatomy all down and good already huh? How would it be. I bow to you.

Yea, the night before and morning of should be plenty.

Give me a break you freakin gunner. Got that anatomy all down and good already huh? How would it be. I bow to you.

Yea, the night before and morning of should be plenty.

I love you too allstar:thumbup:

/me reaches through the monitor and smacks you.

Radiology is a night before study thing. How hard is it to remember some bolded points that are fairly intuitive to begin with. Now go make some dinner for your wife and bring some to me while your at it, since you are done studying for anatomy already.

Oh yea good job on immuno by the way........janitor >>>>>>>>>> SOUNDMAN (and you clean things too ) :laugh: :laugh:

Since I don't know when I will have the time to say this later, I want everyone to have a good break. I got a 25 hour drive ahead of me (spending the first half of my break with the family in Upstate (first time we have all had xmas together in 13 years) so I will be leaving pretty much right after the "If I ever see another foot again, I am going to bisect it from the body it is attached to," anatomy exam. Love you all long time; feel free to send gifts. :D

Nothing like waiting until the last second, but is Dr. Dyche's clinical correlate lecture going to be tested over at all?? I'm assuming not.

Also, what are you guys specifically studying from the previous test's material? It's supposed to be over heart, mediastinum, and vasculature of GI tract, but is there anything specifically that you guys are focusing on?

Thanks and good luck to everyone!

Nothing like waiting until the last second, but is Dr. Dyche's clinical correlate lecture going to be tested over at all?? I'm assuming not.

Also, what are you guys specifically studying from the previous test's material? It's supposed to be over heart, mediastinum, and vasculature of GI tract, but is there anything specifically that you guys are focusing on?

Thanks and good luck to everyone!
I am curious about previous material as well...

Oh and a big fat thank you to Dr. Jacoby for the BA-RUTAL test questions this morning. 4 out of the 6 I got wrong were in his section. So sorry I didn't learn more about CADASIL and Binswanger's Disease... whatever.

Merry/Happy Kwanzaaka and all that jazz to everyone on here! Be safe and have a good time wherever you go-

Oh and a big fat thank you to Dr. Jacoby for the BA-RUTAL test questions this morning. 4 out of the 6 I got wrong were in his section. So sorry I didn't learn more about CADASIL and Binswanger's Disease... whatever.

Merry/Happy Kwanzaaka and all that jazz to everyone on here! Be safe and have a good time wherever you go-

I'm calling Shenanigan's on that test. I could've sworn to God that I missed 4 at the very maximum, and it turns out that I missed 8. Seriously, I'm having my doubts on this one. No one got a 100, yet I was certain that numerous people would get 100s on that test.

What is Binswanger's Disease anyways? I have the radiograph of it, but no idea what it is. It's in with the dementia section, and that's what I put for my answer, but I got it wrong. Also, wasn't one of the radiograph pictures pointing to the posterior part of the corpus callosum??? I missed that one apparently too.

Very confused and back to studying.

CADASIL is inherited, so it's congenital, right? So what was the answer to that question???

I'm calling Shenanigan's on that test. I could've sworn to God that I missed 4 at the very maximum, and it turns out that I missed 8. Seriously, I'm having my doubts on this one. No one got a 100, yet I was certain that numerous people would get 100s on that test.

What is Binswanger's Disease anyways? I have the radiograph of it, but no idea what it is. It's in with the dementia section, and that's what I put for my answer, but I got it wrong. Also, wasn't one of the radiograph pictures pointing to the posterior part of the corpus callosum??? I missed that one apparently too.

Very confused and back to studying.

You're kidding, that wasn't the corpus callosum? Pretty sure that's what he said it was in class. I'm beginning to think that a test review would be a good thing... oh wait, there's no time...

I have no idea what the answer was to the CADASIL/Binswanger's question BTW.

Oh yea, and the one about NPH? Apparently there was more than one answer, because "tenting of the Corpus Callosum" was said in class as was enlargement of the 3rd ventricle... I put tenting of the CC and got that one wrong too-

I love anatomy-

You're kidding, that wasn't the corpus callosum? Pretty sure that's what he said it was in class. I'm beginning to think that a test review would be a good thing... oh wait, there's no time...

Oh yea, and the one about NPH? Apparently there was more than one answer, because "tenting of the Corpus Callosum" was said in class as was enlargement of the 3rd ventricle... I put tenting of the CC and got that one wrong too-

I love anatomy-

There was actually a few from his section that I and a few others thought could have had more than one answer. I also got 4 of my 6 wrong in his section: maybe they will just throw it out? I def. took their advice and did not take the test seriously hahaha. Oh well, I just want to gooooo onnnn breaaak...

I love anatomy-

Sadly, I'm not kidding. I know the exact question number that it was for Form B. Also, I did the exact same thing for NPH. I knew that both were correct answers, so I just put tenting of CC and got it wrong as well. Like I said, complete f*cking shenanigans. Binswanger's for sure is a form of dementia (looked it up on Wikipedia) and CADASIL is congenital.

I missed 3 questions from Jacoby. I'm almost certain the key was either incorrect, or God only knows.
I just hope they fix it. Yeah, it is only 1 credit, but it still took time away from Anatomy for me, so this shiznit must be rectified.

I DON'T F&^*%*&% CARE ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ready for break...who's with me?
I'm going to get pwned on this test tomorrow but I really don't give a rats. Good luck to ya'll.

I e-mailed matz. I'll let you know if there will be any sort of review.

I wonder if I will get any sleep at all tonight...

I e-mailed matz. I'll let you know if there will be any sort of review.

I wonder if I will get any sleep at all tonight...

Awesome. I'm assuming he'll get a couple of those emails, so that's a good thing. So long as everyone keeps their cool when emailing him, I'm sure he'll figure it all out for us.

Keep us updated.

I'm hoping to get to bed at 3, but who knows......I think I'll just post on here inbetween watching that sick ass video that was sent out to all of us showing everted ankle.

I e-mailed matz and he e-mailed me back. Review will be when we get back. There were atleast 4 questions that everyone in my group missed (one was filliopone) and we all had the EXACT same answers on all four but they were marked wrong. Plus no one gets a 100% on that test, come on. Oh well.

I think there are 4 questions keyed wrong for sure, and hopefully we should be getting those back. Good luck tomorrow and safe travels to those heading west. GL to you....

I e-mailed matz and he e-mailed me back. Review will be when we get back. There were atleast 4 questions that everyone in my group missed (one was filliopone) and we all had the EXACT same answers on all four but they were marked wrong. Plus no one gets a 100% on that test, come on. Oh well.

I think there are 4 questions keyed wrong for sure, and hopefully we should be getting those back. Good luck tomorrow and safe travels to those heading west. GL to you....

It's very reassuring to hear that everyone feels the exact same way. When I saw that grade, I was at least a little floored. Nothing to stress out over, since it's a 1 credit course, but it's hard not to get a little peeved.

Anyways, I hope everyone has an awesome break full of sleep, food, and a little more sleep. I'm already looking forward to sleeping after the test....

Hope everyone had a good holiday. Everyone ready for round TWO. Ding..Ding..Ding

OK, so I know it's only January 1st, but Boise State vs. Oklahoma = game of the year! My god I hope some of you are watching this right now...

See everyone in a day!

OK, so I know it's only January 1st, but Boise State vs. Oklahoma = game of the year! My god I hope some of you are watching this right now...

See everyone in a day!

Holy smokes that was a fantastic game. I'm sure all the WAC buddies of ours are going to start making some noise in how tough that conference is. Since the BIG 12 sucked it up big time this year. Oh well...GG to Boise State they earned if fo sho.

Status
Not open for further replies.