Do dental schools pay attention to what community college you go to?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SN1

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
or community colleges are all the same in their eyes? which are easier than a 4-year university in GENERAL.

Also when you transfer to a 4-year university, how much of a GPA drop would be a red flag to admission committees?

Members don't see this ad.

or community colleges are all the same in their eyes? which are easier than a 4-year university in GENERAL.

Also when you transfer to a 4-year university, how much of a GPA drop would be a red flag to admission committees?

Ranking community colleges is like ranking the stench of fecal matter from various animals.....

Members don't see this ad :)

SN1, why are you asking the same question over and over again.

If you worry about CC credits that much, call dental schools and talk to someone there. They will tell you exactly what you need to do.

Stop wasting your time asking the same question everywhere. Its time for you to do something you like: get a drink with your gf or your dentist.

Honestly my friend, I don't believe t matters which one you go to. CC's are generally known to have much easier coursework. Therefore it's looked down upon. Also if there's a gpa drop between a CC and an actual university, yes it is very bad because it reinforces that fact those classes are much easier.

SN1, why are you asking the same question over and over again.

If you worry about CC credits that much, call dental schools and talk to someone there. They will tell you exactly what you need to do.

Stop wasting your time asking the same question everywhere. Its time for you to do something you like: get a drink with your gf or your dentist.

Sorry man I just can't stop thinking about it. I have emailed some schools but only got a few responses. Some dont care and some dint like them. I just dint feel very confident at all.

Got another response from temple. The guy said they receive over 4200 applicants a year so I will most likely not make it. They are looking for disqualifiers ( I guess he means my CC credits).:(

I can't believe even a 4.0 won't make a difference if it is from a CC.

I guess it is OFFICIAL that I should change my career path. What professional schools are more fond of CC credits?

Or maybe retake all of my prereqs at the 4 year? lol. I don't even know what to do at this point.

Last edited:
Got another response from temple. The guy said they receive over 4200 applicants a year so I will most likely not make it. They are looking for disqualifiers ( I guess he means my CC credits).:(

I guess it is OFFICIAL that I should change my career path. What professional schools are more fond of CC credits?

Or maybe retake all of my prereqs at the 4 year? lol. I don't even know what to do at this point.

You need to stop being a little b***h about the whole cc thing. You have posted the same question on several forums and even more sub forums.

Just keep a good gpa at the university and get a good dat score and you will be fine... If you have a 3.5+ and a 19+ you will get in somewhere regardless of cc. Out of the 50+ dental schools I think only 3 don't accept cc credits.... Temple being one of them. Thousands have gotten in with cc and thousands more will get in with cc.

You seriously need to stop posting about cc, you are making a fool of yourself.

I know. I think I am infamous in this forum for being a *****. Is it possible for me to get my account deleted? I am done posting and will focus on my studies.

thanks.

I know. I think I am infamous in this forum for being a *****. Is it possible for me to get my account deleted? I am done posting and will focus on my studies.

thanks.

I didn't think you were being a bad word. Anyhow, Good luck SN1! :) You will get in somewhere, but do well on your DAT and give your application TLC. Don't apply to those 3 schools that don't accept CC and you're good. I can tell you're just really concerned and you really want it bad, hence all the questions. Don't give up. If you want to become a dentist, then become a dentist. For the majority of schools, CC won't break you or make you. You can't change the fact that you already took CC credits... just take some upper-divisions at a university. Make sure you do well.

I didn't think you were being a bad word. Anyhow, Good luck SN1! :) You will get in somewhere, but do well on your DAT and give your application TLC. Don't apply to those 3 schools that don't accept CC and you're good. I can tell you're just really concerned and you really want it bad, hence all the questions. Don't give up. If you want to become a dentist, then become a dentist. For the majority of schools, CC won't break you or make you. You can't change the fact that you already took CC credits... just take some upper-divisions at a university. Make sure you do well.

EXACTLY HOW I FEEL . Thanks.

Let the official BAN be bestowed upon me now.:laugh:

EXACTLY HOW I FEEL . Thanks.

Let the official BAN be bestowed upon me now.:laugh:

Aww, delete/edit your naughty post and stay on SDN! :) You might have questions about interviews in the near future when you get an interview or something ;) :p

Ranking community colleges is like ranking the stench of fecal matter from various animals.....

Lol I thought the same thing before I opened the thread (but not specifically animal poo).

I can tell you're just really concerned and you really want it bad, hence all the questions. Don't give up.

Well this is where I disagree.... Th OP has no idea what he/she wants. The OP even asked what profession they should choose in the high school forum, for hell sake.Their own description says "pre health undecided" and he/she has created 11 threads in the pre dental, pre med, and pre podiatry forums about community college. Everyone keeps telling the OP the same exact thing about cc and he/she doesn't get it.

It just pisses me off seeing 2 new threads a week about the same thing from the same author. A simple search on SDN or reading through the ADEA guide would have solved this a long time ago.

If the OP truly has the 4.0 as he/she proclaims, there is no need to panic and create another 10 threads for the same topic.

Well this is where I disagree.... Th OP has no idea what he/she wants. The OP even asked what profession they should choose in the high school forum, for hell sake.Their own description says "pre health undecided" and he/she has created 11 threads in the pre dental, pre med, and pre podiatry forums about community college. Everyone keeps telling the OP the same exact thing about cc and he/she doesn't get it.

It just pisses me off seeing 2 new threads a week about the same thing from the same author. A simple search on SDN or reading through the ADEA guide would have solved this a long time ago.

If the OP truly has the 4.0 as he/she proclaims, there is no need to panic and create another 10 threads for the same topic.

I do have a 4.0 but I am still undecided on what I want to do. I am really leaning towards dental though.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/692/unledeh.png/

everything consistent with all my posts.

I see where you're coming from :) However, to me it looks at though he is jumping around forums/careers/asking same questions because he is extremely insecure about his CC credits. He might want dentistry enough (otherwise he wouldn't care to post here), but feels like he won't be good enough because of the CC credits... thus he probably thinks he needs a backup career, OR maybe he's still career hunting... seeing what's accepted at each profession. Just my assumption, though. That's what I got out of his posts. :)

I see where you're coming from :) However, to me it looks at though he is jumping around forums/careers/asking same questions because he is extremely insecure about his CC credits. He might want dentistry enough (otherwise he wouldn't care to post here), but feels like he won't be good enough because of the CC credits... thus he probably thinks he needs a backup career, OR maybe he's still career hunting... seeing what's accepted at each profession. Just my assumption, though. That's what I got out of his posts. :)

:thumbup: You should consider getting a part-time job as a psychic.:laugh: