Do doctors wear makeup?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I don't understand what we're even disagreeing on? I took the word notice to even mean the lightest amount, which people can notice, and is unfair to label that as being too much. Again, people can have their own opinion on what too much means, from just simple foundation and eye makeup to about to go to the club look.

Even as someone who wears makeup most days, I have gone days where I did not wear makeup and the next day that I did, the people in my life (which include men), noticed the difference, as subtle as it was. Most women that I know forego a few days a year makeup free for whatever reason, so people can tell the difference. Men notice more than you think!

Basically, I stand by what I originally said. So long as you are following the dress code conduct at your place of work and are going for more subtle, neutral colors, makeup is fine. I don't care if someone notices that I am wearing mascara, I'm not going to go and take it off because they might think it's unprofessional.

I'm not disagreeing with you. This doesn't have to be an argument. I thought I was just discussing the concept of how much makeup is too much. Like I said, I don't know where that line is. And again, to be clear, I don't think anybody at all has suggested that it is wrong for women to wear makeup. Literally nobody has said makeup in and of itself is unprofessional.

Whether or not people notice you wearing or not wearing makeup depends entirely on how much makeup you wear when you do wear it. I know people who wear a lot of makeup regularly and I notice when they stop because it's very obvious. But I also know people who don't do very much and you can't really tell either way. I'm one of those people. I think I said earlier in the thread that it's a bit like getting a minor haircut and people are like, "Something's a little different, but I can't put my finger on it," and then you say to them, "Oh, I'm wearing makeup today," and they go, "Ohhhhh."

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I suspect similar reasons for why the "asian" thread is at 32 pages and still going strong. People with dissimilar opinions forming similar arguments that lead to pages of lengthy cherry picking and elaboration.
People. How has this made it to 3 pages?

I suspect similar reasons for why the "asian" thread is at 32 pages and still going strong. People with dissimilar opinions forming similar arguments that lead to pages of lengthy cherry picking and elaboration.

Just watch, you probably started something new. :p

Just found it amusing that a question that could have been answered with a "yes /thread" ended up being 3 pages when I came back to it.

Well it could have ended on page 1 but someone was reprimanded for "harassing" other posters :whistle:

Well it could have ended on page 1 but someone was reprimanded for "harassing" other posters :whistle:

God forbid anybody should want to discuss something that you don't want to discuss. When you think a conversation should end, it should! Am I right? And if not, then you should definitely make a spoof thread about it because you're just so annoyed that people still want to discuss this other topic. :whistle:

Yes they do!

Doctors are people, too! (Kind of.)

God forbid anybody should want to discuss something that you don't want to discuss. When you think a conversation should end, it should! Am I right? And if not, then you should definitely make a spoof thread about it because you're just so annoyed that people still want to discuss this other topic. :whistle:

See:

@Lost in Translation - let me help you resolve this:

doctors are normal people with the same behaviors, desires, and thoughts as others.

Some wear makeup, some don't.

Some wear suits (and some employers require it), some don't.

Some drive luxury cars, some beat up old Prius' and others commute by bicycle.

Some are married, some are divorced, some are never married and for some, "its complicated".

Some are nice, some are not.

In general, anything you could imagine someone doing/being, you can find physicians who do it/wear it/think it etc.

This is all that needs to stated about this (and other similar topics). Are people on this forum so bored that they have nothing better to talk about than makeup? I and many others come here for stimulating discussion, not the worries of some teenybopper that seems to care more about their appearance in a future position than whether or not they'll actually make it to that position.

See:

This is all that needs to stated about this (and other similar topics). Are people on this forum so bored that they have nothing better to talk about than makeup? I and many others come here for stimulating discussion, not the worries of some teenybopper that seems to care more about their appearance in a future position than whether or not they'll actually make it to that position.
I'm confused...YOU'RE the one that is posting the questions about "do doctors do this or do that"?

Members don't see this ad :)
See:

What I would say to you is: are you so bored that you have nothing better to do than to tell other people what they should or shouldn't be talking about? You don't have to participate in this thread, but you're going out of your way to ridicule the OP as a teenybopper and have even gone so far as to make a thread specifically to make fun of this one. Seems like just as big of a waste of time . . . if not bigger.

What I would say to you is: are you so bored that you have nothing better to do than to tell other people what they should or shouldn't be talking about? You don't have to participate in this thread, but you're going out of your way to ridicule the OP as a teenybopper and have even gone so far as to make a thread specifically to make fun of this one. Seems like just as big of a waste of time . . . if not bigger.

Sort of get what you're saying, but let's be honest... I, too am surprised that this thread is still going strong.

The question posed was, "Do doctors wear makeup?" The consensus was a resounding, "yes." So it's interesting to see the conversation continue. Although in agreement, I do not think you all should be ridiculed for your continued participation, BUT it's interesting to see this thread is still going strong.

Sort of get what you're saying, but let's be honest... I, too am surprised that this thread is still going strong.

The question posed was, "Do doctors wear makeup?" The consensus was a resounding, "yes." So it's interesting to see the conversation continue. Although in agreement, I do not think you all should be ridiculed for your continued participation, BUT it's interesting to see this thread is still going strong.

:shrug: It's a touchy subject for women. I know I don't have to explain to you how hard we all get judged for our appearance, so we tend to feel some kind of way about makeup. But I guess to these bros it's just another waste of time.

:shrug: It's a touchy subject for women. I know I don't have to explain to you how hard we all get judged for our appearance, so we tend to feel some kind of way about makeup. But I guess to these bros it's just another waste of time.

Who you calling a bro? :p

I was just surprised the thread went on for as long as it did. Didn't say to stop talking.

Reactions: 1 users
Why not? I am a Doctor 1995 batch. I am 40+ now. I am the great fan of Dermalmd's all product. Becuase it secure my skin and beauty. Still I am looks very young. Every one put eye on me. So whats wrong wear makeup with some natural good product as a Doctor.
Only a year and a couple months. Necro bump 2/10

Edit: Wait this thread frustrated you enough to make a profile and this be your only post. :rofl:

Yes, doctors wear makeup, but there's a rule: NO GLITTER EYELIDS while interacting with a patient...and no foundation that's lighter than your face. Patients wouldn't want to see a ghost doctor and then die of a heart attack...

Last edited:
WHERE'D SHE GO?!
Oh well you can still see her post in my quote

It's interesting that the same commenters getting defensive about not wearing makeup also judge those that do. So not wearing makeup is fine, you feel confident and good about yourself, you shouldn't be judged for not wearing it, men don't wear it so why should women, great. But another doctor that feels confident and good about a full face of makeup is wrong? Has anyone heard of Dr. Cat Begovic? Probably not.

girls wear make up.without make up i wont go outside.i use dermalmd serum.its great product.
... are you the same person who bumped this thread before with a different account? Same broken English and pushing the same product.

OH MY GOD SHE IS GONE AGAIN AFTER I QUOTED HER ARE THE ADMINS PUNKING ME?!

OH MY GOD SHE IS GONE AGAIN AFTER I QUOTED HER ARE THE ADMINS PUNKING ME?!

That's hilarious. I am thankful you quoted the posts that have now disappeared :rofl::rofl:

Seems how this is already hilariously necrobumped:

I'm still a student, but I wear makeup every day because it prevents hearing "you can't be almost a doctor you look 16!" when I'm actually 30. I have my entire Bare Minerals regimen down to about 7 minutes.

It best not to wear make due to allergies,irritation and etc.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Sunburns are the worst :/

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk