Do I have a chance?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nursebae

Reaction score
Hey family,
Long time lurker here, I'm talking about 3 years lol, but somehow I ran across the URM section this year and I finally have the courage to post. I'm looking to apply to med school in the 2020 cycle, since I have a couple more classes (physics, orgo, biochem) to take and MCAT. I already have a BSN and have been practicing nursing for 2 years. You all seem to be a group of supportive people who will give me the raw advice that I need. My stats are as follows:

Background: 25 yo F, Black Panamanian (latinegras represent :claps:)
cGPA: 3.35
sGPA: 3.4

I was in the USAFR for 6 years, so I have a lot of military leadership related awards and volunteering time. I'm currently married to an Army helo pilot, so I have a few EC points and volunteering for that as well. I speak fluent Spanish and I volunteered to work at a hospital in Mexico for 2 weeks. I shadowed a few ER physicians that I worked with for 30 hours and an IM physician for 8 hours.

I know there is a lot I still need to do but I just want to know if I'm on the right track to even begin with. I'm afraid that my GPA will count me out before I even start, not to mention the MCAT which I don't plan on taking until next winter. Any and all advice is welcome :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

Nah you good GPA wise

Reactions: 1 user
GPA won't count you out, just keep up what you've been doing and kill it on the MCAT!

Reactions: 1 user
I really appreciate the replies, it motivates me to keep up the good fight!