Do I Have a Shot?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

What are my chances?

• Definitely

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Give it up

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

vetspet

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone!
I am a freshman applying to a couple of vet schools next year in the hopes of being accepted early. I know there is still a lot of work ahead and am open to any and all advice. Furthermore, would you recommend taking the GRE or MCAT if the schools you were applying to accept both scores? Thank you for your time and help!

19 years of age, Female, Biology of Animals
GPA: 4.0
Req. GPA: 4.0
Typical course load
Veterinary experience: 500 hours
Animal experience: 750 hours
-This includes work at 4 veterinary clinics, farm work, volunteering with the humane society, and dog sitting hours
-Acitivies include: Pre-Vet Society, freshman biology learning assistant, Swim Club, Intramural Volleyball, Cupcakes for the Cure, and Church group

I know I need to get more hours and am trying to work with an aquarium at the moment. Could someone offer me advice as to how many more hours I need and where I should get them?
Thanks everyone!!

Members don't see this ad.

Since you're open to any and all advice.... ;)

1) 'Cut' your entire post.

2) Go back to the prevet forum and locate the 'What are my chances?' thread that is stickied there.

3) 'Paste' your entire post into that thread.

Thanks for the input-that might be a good idea, haha. I just signed up for the site like 10 minutes ago so I am a little new.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you are applying to US schools, just take the GRE. Your chances depend on what school you are applying to, since some schools like UC Davis, like a lot of hours. For most schools, if you get good gre scores and interview well, you have a great chance of admission.

since some schools like UC Davis, like a lot of hours.

Sorry for the pseudonecro, just wanted to correct you, Davis doesn't weigh your experience at all in interview decisions as long as you have over 180 hours Vet experience. It's part of their new admissions philosophy.