Do I HAVE to take NBDE 2?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ppansoy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm planning to apply this summer, and noticing some of the schools don't require NBDE 2.

Will it give me an edge if I take it, though?

Can any applicants who have had any success in getting into a program that only required NBDE 1 share their experience?

Thanks,
-Patrick

Members don't see this ad.

Anybody have input on this? Any opinions would be greatly appreciated. :)

Hi ppansoy, I am on the same page preparing to pass part 2, from my experience, I tried to apply with part one, and yes you have a chance to get into a program with part one in case if you have strong clinical experience and high TOEFL score.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi ppansoy, I am on the same page preparing to pass part 2, from my experience, I tried to apply with part one, and yes you have a chance to get into a program with part one in case if you have strong clinical experience and high TOEFL score.
What do you mean by strong clinical experience? I am a student and of course I won't have many years of practice when I will try the admittance after my degree. This means that I will be on the lasts positions?
If yes, that makes me think I should get NBDE 2 (also if not required) if I want to have a decent probability....

Last edited:
strong Yes that you should complete part 2.
(1) High chance that you would get interview/acceptance from programs
(2) it will be easier for you to focus on patients and your clinics board exam in last year of dental school.

strong Yes that you should complete part 2.
(1) Hnce that you would get interview/acceptance from programs
(2) it will be easier for you to focus on patients and your clinics board exam in last year of dental school.
I didn't know they count that even if they say it is not necessary :-\ also I was convinced only dentists who graduated in a US dental school can get the NBDE 2. So truth is that I can do the NBDE 1 before graduating in my country and NBDE 2 after graduating in my country. Is that right?

PS: here in the page of this forum there is some publicity of St. George university. Does anyone have infos about its international students program and admittance?

Last edited: