Do Pod schools give reapplicants a disadvantage like MD schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

swiftjab

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm asking this because I want to apply now even though it's late in the cycle but I'm afraid that if I get rejected for being late, they'll give me a hard time when I reapply next cycle. If so, then I won't apply this cycle and save it for next cycle.

Members don't see this ad.

I'd honestly just wait. I don't know if you have any top choices, but unless you're applying to the bigger schools, most of the classes will be full. Plus it might be best to save your money. The next cycle isn't too far way and the benefit of applying early gives you a better shot at the bigger scholarships.

I'd honestly just wait. I don't know if you have any top choices, but unless you're applying to the bigger schools, most of the classes will be full. Plus it might be best to save your money. The next cycle isn't too far way and the benefit of applying early gives you a better shot at the bigger scholarships.
That's what I planned originally but after 1 year out of college, I'm sick and tired of working as a Microbiologist. I don't want to work another year. I really just want to go back to school. I guess I'll just apply to the 4 bigger schools + Barry then. Money isn't a problem if it means getting into pod school 1 year earlier.

Members don't see this ad :)
I completely understand. I sat out of school for 2 years working in a lab at a research center before getting accepted.

Assuming podiatry is what you really want to do, I think waiting is bad advice. That's potentially a years salary lost.

Also, no it wont hurt you to reapply if you don't get in this cycle.

Reactions: 1 user