GPA for POD school.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChickenDude17

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I withdrew from medschool during my second year to go into podiatry.

My question is my gpa for undergrad was a 3.8 and sgpa was a 3.6 but while in med school i got Straight C’s until my curriculum went pass/fail so my med school gpa is going to be like a 2.5.

How does this look for pod programs? I never failed a med school class so i can get through the material… i just didn’t murder it.
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Many questions I have in mind...
1) why did you quit?
2) Was this U.S. med school?

Honest answer, the uncertainty of getting a residency that I’ll hate now that step is pass/fail it’s hard to stand out. Moving to pod cause doing osteopathic manipulations on the feet and ankle really took my interest. Would love to do surgeries and know exactly what I’m getting into.

It was a US med school.

Honest answer, the uncertainty of getting a residency that I’ll hate now that step is pass/fail it’s hard to stand out. Moving to pod cause doing osteopathic manipulations on the feet and ankle really took my interest. Would love to do surgeries and know exactly what I’m getting into.

It was a US med school.

Those are not real reasons to quit a US medical school. Try again.

Members don't see this ad :)
Those are not real reasons to quit a US medical school. Try again.
Who are you to say?
I want to do surgery. At a low tier DO school with a pass/fail step the chances are slim.

You walk around like you know what your talking about but you really don’t. You are really obliviously bud. Try again.

So you quit DO school and currently hold no acceptance to pod school yet?

I agree with Dexter.

The ROI on med school is way more superior than pod school. You can come out with IM/FM etc, land a good job right away in almost any city / state with solid pay. None of the headache with pod profession and associate positions etc...

Anyone of us can say we love surgery and want to do it but will any of us make it there and can actually perform is a huge unknown. Are you ok with the non-surgical aspects of pod?

Have you shadowed long and hard enough to know that this is truly it because you're locked in from day one.

We don't do any OMM at all on F&A / lower extremities so I don't know if what you saw at your school will be a representation of pod school / profession.

lol this surely is a troll post. Any FM/IM can live in ANY city in the US and make $225k on the low end to $350k in rural nowhere working 4 days/week
no fresh pod can match that

OP: P/F was a blessing for you since you barely managed to pull a C average. If you were truly the rockstar you think you'll be in pod school and put in that effort into PM&R --> pain medicine you'd make $500k working 4 days a week. It's not surgery but still get to do procedures and work with the MSK

I want to do surgery. At a low tier DO school with a pass/fail step the chances are slim.
Tiers do not exist among DO schools. They are all the same in eyes of PDs. The only exception is schools with their own GME (typically state DO schools) will favor their students. Again, nobody can differentiate between university of the health sciences of the long isalnd beach long junction henry ford tommerson jifian college of osteopathic medicine and another one with a 30-word name

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.