Doctor's Without Borders (II, secondary)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MajorBubblez

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
What do you guys think about discussing my desire to one day be involved in Doctor's Without Borders. I've mentioned it on a few secondaries, and have some interviews coming up so I'm not sure if I should discuss them. On one hand it's what I really want to do, but on the other, I know a lot of medical schools want to train doctors for 'their own background' and I'm worried they would frown on the idea?

Members don't see this ad.

Have you worked/volunteered/fundraised/etc for these types of organizations in the past? If not I wouldn't believe a random premed saying something so cliche, especially when most only know the glamorous vision of the work and nothing about the true work/conditions.

Reactions: 1 users
Good point. I've not volunteered or anything with it before so I guess it's best to avoid it.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you've already mentioned it in secondaries, it might come up anyway.

In that case you had better have done your homework. A lot of people talk big about joining that group, but don't have any clue about it. It's hard to take those people seriously. So know your stuff and be able to give a well thought out answer to why you want to work with that group.

Reactions: 1 user